No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEBNext 454 rapid library

Hi all
    We're looking to make some standard genomic rapid libraries for 454 sequencing.
    We've sucessfully used the NEBNext rapid library kit with the Roche RL-MID set, but we need to make non-MID adapters for some standard gDNA libraries. I wondered if anyone has tried making home-made adapters.
    I'm assuming they'll be the same sequences as the extended MID set but without the 10 base index. Going by the sequences on the IDT site, that would be;

With MID (index in square brackets)

5FAMC*C*A*T*CTCATCCCTGCGTGTCTCCGACGACT[AGACTC-G*A*C*G]*T3
    ..............................|||||||| ||||||.|.|.|.|
    3G*G*A*T*AGGGGACACACGGAACTCTCTGCIGCTGI[TCTGIG*C*T*G*C](phos)5

Without MID

5FAMC*C*A*T*CTCATCCCTGCGTGTCTCCGACGACT*T3
    ..............................||||||||
    3G*G*A*T*AGGGGACACACGGAACTCTCTGCIGCTGI(phos)5

I'm not worried about including the FAM as we don't quantify by flourescence
    So my questions are;
    Are the inosines, really necessary?
    Are the phosphorothioates necessary on the adapter tails? We don't have them on our Illumina homebrew adapters, just the one preceeding the T overhang.
    Are 8 complementary bases enough to anneal into a Y-adapter?

I would appreciate it if anyone could share the adapter sequences they use.

Tony

Just my personal views.

Are the inosines, really necessary?
    -- Not necessary with the short stem.

Are the phosphorothioates necessary on the adapter tails? We don't have them on our Illumina homebrew adapters, just the one preceeding the T overhang.
    -- It is known that phosphorothioates bonds help to prevent the ends (priming sites) from degradation. At high lib concentration, the difference between libs with and without such bonds might be too little to appreciate. At low lib conc., or near the level before feeding emPCR, the bonds might have noticeable effect on the reproducibility of enrichment% using this low conc. lib.

Are 8 complementary bases enough to anneal into a Y-adapter?
    -- Yes, I think so. The annealing T might be somewhere around 40-50 C.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses