Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downstream analysis for Differential Expression..

Hi folks!

We did De novo RNASeq for invertebrate transcriptome.
    We had 3 biological conditions.
    I found that a list of 150 contigs are differentially expressed between all the conditions.(I used DESeq of R)
    i blastx those contigs against uniprot to get some homologous information.
    Is there any recommended tool for downstream analysis?

Thanks,
    Pap

Ok,
    Maybe i wasn't clear enough..
    When i said Downstream analysis i meant to GO annotate, KEGG.. For getting more information about my contigs.
    As far, i found Blast2GO..

Any help will be appreciate!
    Thanks,
    Pap

Comment

Blast2GO is great. I think you will be very happy with the results.

Comment

Here are a couple alternatives to Blast2GO.

Since you have experience in R, you could try GoSeq.

Or you could try DAVID, which simply requires a list of genes. I like the output format it produces.

Comment

Partek provides a host of integrated downstream tools including gene set enrichment analysis, GO Enrichment, KEGG Enrichment, etc. For a more comprehensive view into gene set analysis using more powerful statistics, gene set ANOVA or pathway ANOVA can be used to look at multiple factors influencing differentially expressed functional groups or pathways, as well as uncover genes that express differently in the pathway or functional group based on different conditions. The ANOVA analysis will pick up gene sets and pathways missed by other basic gene set analysis that merely looks at presence of genes in specific groups.

For differential expression of genes/transcripts, I would also like to mention, that Partek has a Gene Specific Analysis where each gene/transcript can be analyzed independently and fit to the best model based on its distribution (Poisson, Neg. Binomial, Log Normal), and better understand which factors are influencing the expression.

Comment

What is Partek?
            Can you share the link please?
            Thanks,

Comment

Partek creates software for the analysis of Microarray and Next Generation Sequencing data with an emphasis on statistical analysis and visualizations.

Easy-to-use bioinformatics software for single cell, gene expression, variant detection, CNV, metagenomics, ChIP-Seq, & ncRNA data.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbe View Post
                Blast2GO is great. I think you will be very happy with the results.
                Can i work with Blast2Go from commandline? Not GUI..?
                Otherwise it can take forever..
                Thanks..

Comment

Blast2go has a command line tool called b2g4pipe. Look at the web site. B2g4pipe does not do everything that the GUI does but b2g4pipe can create the *.dat file much more quickly than the GUI and once you have the *.dat file then the rest of the processing becomes quick.

Comment

Thanks westerman!
                    i will go for it..

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses