Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment of ChIP-Seq Input

Hello all! I have placed this in the Bioinformatics forum because I believe this might be a more statistical problem, but if I'm incorrect, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Briefly, I am doing a large (for me) ChIP-seq project. I have two species across three developmental stages. Each stage has condition 1 and condition 2, and there are replicates of each. Every sample had their IP and Input sequences to a minimum depth of 20M. (48 libraries: 24 Input, 24 IP).

My question is about how to treat my inputs. Obviously, it would be ideal (I think) to normalize each IP against it's specific Input. That would be the most specific normalization.

However, I can also imagine that by pooling the Inputs within a treatment (but not across replicates or species), I could compare each developmental stage within a treatment to a common Input with 3x greater depth.

A single replicate example is below (there would be two replicated datasets like this)

Any thoughts as two which would give the most robust results? I'm planning on running it both ways, but was hoping for some insight from someone with more experience in analyzing this type of data.

Best and many thanks,
    Bob

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses