No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimate on-target coverage for exome data

Hello,

I was looking for a one-stop tool which takes BAM and target capture regions to provide a detailed summary with coverage estimates on-target/off-target regions for exome-seq, but I didn't see any such as of now. (There are tools that generate coverage files such as GATK's depth_of_coverage, BEDtools, but none of them provide *summary* of on/off-target bases/%)

Does anyone have any experience / know any such tools?

Raj

You could use Picard "CollectMultipleMetrics" and "HSMetrics" which tends to cover most things people want to know

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have seen these tools, but "HsMetrics" require a bait file in addition to the target .bed. I have the target file, but I have no idea how to get the bait file and moreover its importance here, as target .bed can estimate the required matrics?

Do you have any idea how to generate/download the bait file for particular exon capture experiment or is this provided by Agilent/Nimblegen?

Best,

Raj

Comment

Originally posted by pravee1216 View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply. I have seen these tools, but "HsMetrics" require a bait file in addition to the target .bed. I have the target file, but I have no idea how to get the bait file and moreover its importance here, as target .bed can estimate the required matrics?

Do you have any idea how to generate/download the bait file for particular exon capture experiment or is this provided by Agilent/Nimblegen?

Best,

Raj
        I use the same file for baits and targets.

Comment

You could also try NGSrich

Download NGSrich for free. Target enrichment performance for next-generation sequencing

Comment

Originally posted by pravee1216 View Post

Best,

Raj
            As Heisman said you could just use the same file. I don't because I have separate baits and targets files (for SureSelect you can get these from e-Array), but in practice the on-bait and on-target figures don't differ that much that I would care about it..

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I would try both NGSrich as well as Picard metrics. I hope NGSrich can summarize with coverage plots (as explained here http://seqanswers.com/forums/archive...p/t-10014.html)

Comment

NGSrich is really good, but the number of reads (i.e., # reads) output is quite confusing as it gives a very low count, compared to the original total reads/on-target. For eg: # of reads say 0.2 million out of 150 million total reads, which is wrong. Have you ever noticed this before (in version 0.7.6)?

Comment

No, I have not noticed that problem using v0.7.5

Comment

NGSRich target reads low

Hi - I noticed the same thing and opened a bug w/ the developer. He has fixed the read length issue and posted a new version of the tool.

Thanks!

Comment

A pretty simple way...count how many reads align to the whole genome, use BEDtools to filter the whole .bam with a .bed file of your targets. Then count how many reads are in the filtered .bed file.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                      • seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                      0 responses