No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basespace: fastq generation stops after demultiplexing

Hi,

I can't find a thread about this, I got serious problems with Basespace lately. I use it for fastq generation (HiSeq and MiSeq), all goes well, samples are demultiplexed and then Basespace gets stuck "uploading". My only option is to call Illumina and wait for them to requeue my analysis (which can take a while). Nothing wrong with my sample sheets. No explanation from Illumina. Am I the only one or...?

Sylviane

Hi Sylviane,
    after 9 years from your post (!) I am having the same issue and I can't find any information. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?
    thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm in the same situation, we don't know what to do. BaseSpace is stuck in "uploading" on our last 2 runs (June 2021). I'm somewhat relieved I'm not the only one with the issue, though. Have to ask to our local FAS Illumina
      Science is ok, but I'm hungry.

Comment

A solution!

Hi everyone, I've asked Illumina technical support, and they kindly answer with a solution which has worked for me- BaseSpace Broker is apparently the culprit. I'll post it here as I've received it:

Restart the Broker:
        1. Make sure the computer date and time match the customers local time.
        2. Go to the Task Manager (Right click on the task bar or CTRL + ALT + DEL).
        3. Navigate to the services tab, locate Illumina BaseSpace Broker, right click and select "Stop Service". If the service is already stopped, continue to the steps below.
        4. Once the broker is Stopped, navigate to directory D:\Illumina\BaseSpaceBroker
        5. You will see files with .dat and .xml extensions. You should only see one .dat and one .xml files for your most recent run (please see your Run ID). If you see more than two files, move any files that do not have your Run ID to the Archive folder. (If you only see a .xml file that is okay as well)
        6. Go back to the Task Manager > Services > BaseSpace Broker > Right Click and select "start service".
        7. Once the service is restarted, you should start to see the upload continuing and eventually the run status showing 'Pending analysis' in BaseSpace.

Hope this helps!
        Science is ok, but I'm hungry.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses