Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulders/humps seen in DNA library

Hi...I make DNA libraries using PE protocol. I modified it a little bit.i do 4 PCR reactions, pool the PCR product and run down the gel again to get rid of any dimers formed.I've started to see a hump fused with my library peak on bioanalyzer, unable to figure out what's causing these humps. I have attached the bioanalyer traces showing a good and a bad library.Please let me know if anybody has seen this problem before and have figured out what's causing these bumps.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi mollusc, I would assume that the second (right) pic shows an overloaded well. Does it get better if you dilute the sample (1:20 of example)? If you pool the PCR-products and purify then, the conc. should be higher, right - or did you already dilute?

Besides, the hump you see behind the upper marker in both traces is likely ssDNA - biut I guess that one didn't bother you :-)

Comment

Hi Susanne,
      Thanks for your reply.initially even i thought overloading could be the reason,but then i perfored series of experiments diluting the library and it did give humps again.i just don't have any idea how ssDNA would run on bioanalyzer

Comment

Re

Hi, in order not to confuse anything: you are referring to the peak that is larger than 500 bp, the one right behind the large library peak that is disturbing to you, right? And this one didn't go away when diluting the sample?

Comment

No, sorry.I'm talking talking about 300bp aterial which i fused with my 400bp library

Comment

mollusc, I have the same problem! There's a hump (median size) fused with my ~400bp library gDNA. I only have this issue with gDNA libraries, not with RNA. I use TruSeq RNA Sample prep kit with both (gDNA sonicated by Covaris previously). It doesn't seem like adapter dimers, since they appear at ~150bp. I really can't figure out what's this strange peak/hump that doesn't align with the reference genome at all. Please, if someone have any ideas, I'd be (very) grateful
            Science is ok, but I'm hungry.

Comment

Could you share an electropherogram image of the issue, please?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses