Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equalizer kit versus qPCR for AmpliSeq libraries

I am curious if anyone is currently using the Equalizer kit from Life Tech to prepare their libraries for templation. If so, are you bulking multiple libraries together, and are you finding that it does a good job of having somewhat equal amounts of reads per library?

We frequently put 96 AmpliSeq libraries together on one 318 chip. Our method of quantitation is by qPCR. The Equalizer kit has been recommended to me on multiple occasions but I have not yet heard if it works well on multiplexed runs. We are at a point where qPCR is a huge bottleneck and we need to purchase another qPCR machine or figure something else out.

Any insight or user experience is welcomed.

I would say to keep with your qPCR. I have tried the equalizer, and it is just too much of a black box for me. Doing 96 samples may be a bear, but you can rely on the qPCR data. Can't really say the same for the Equalizer!

Comment

Thanks Mike. I have come to the same conclusion. Our new solution is a 384-well qPCR machine. So excited!

Comment

Hi Lindsay,

I see you are in Dallas? Where are you located?
        I see you are putting 96 libraries onto one chip, but what are your libraries of?
        Microbial?

Comment

Hi there,

I would like to ask basically the same question as Lindsay.

For a larger NGS project with quite a lot of samples but relatively few amplicons (AmpliSeq), I find the idea of the Equalizer kit quite attractive. I would like to pool at least 32 samples per run, possibly even 64 or 96. Question is uniformity of course.

Does anyone here have some real life experience with it? Good or bad, any user experience is welcome.

Comment

I will plan to use the equalizer too because I found some variations on the qPCR for Ampliseq DNA libraries (custom primers). So do you?
            I tested several dilutions for one library and the calculated original concentration varies between dilutions. But I don't have this problem for other type of libraries (Exome, fragment plus)
            Did you note the same thing?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses