SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next Generation Sequencing: Research to Clinic AllSeq Events / Conferences 0 01-06-2014 11:09 AM
Next Generation Sequencing Research Associate Bioo Scientific Industry Jobs! 0 04-11-2013 01:12 PM
Next Generation Sequencing Research Associate Bioo Scientific Industry Jobs! 0 01-14-2013 03:07 PM
Will Google release a genome research one day? Tong.W Bioinformatics 1 07-25-2012 07:08 PM
Next Generation Sequencing Research Associate Bioo Scientific Industry Jobs! 0 07-13-2012 01:16 PM

Old 03-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
nadia123

Question Next Generation sequencing and modern day research

Hi every one.
I need some statistics about the proportion of modern day research which involves NGS techniques? i.e Approximately what percentage of research and money is being invested in this area compared to other fields of modern day research such as in field of genomics, proteomics,cancer research and so on.

Thanks in advance
nadia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
dcameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia123 View Post
modern day research which involves NGS techniques ... compared to other fields of modern day research such as in field of genomics, proteomics,cancer research and so on
I am somewhat confused by the question. A large amount of genomic and cancer research use NGS techniques as part of the research. NGS is a technique that can be applied to many areas of research. Your question is a bit like asking what percentage of research is invested in western blots compared to how much is invested in biology.

Are you able to rephrase the question?
dcameron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cost projections, genomics, modern day research, ngs