No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird library profile

Hello,

We are seeing a weird library profile - double peak + some high molecular weight smear after the range we cut. It's a chip-seq library amplified for 18 cycles - first time we see this specific profile, should we sequence it?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	weird-library.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	308053

It's possible that the double peak is caused by running too much sample for the chip (I'm guessing your image is from a Bioanalyzer chip or something similar). We've seen some seriously bizarre peaks on our Bioanalyzer (some double like yours and one that was actually a triple peak) that are remedied simply by re-running the sample at a 1:5 or 1:10 dilution.

Sometimes this eliminates all trace of a high MW smear as well, but typically I would guess that the presence of high MW fragments is due to over-amplifying the library. Do you usually amplify for 18 cycles? That is a little high in my experience (which, granted, I don't have tons of yet... ), but if it normally works for you than it might not be the issue.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses