Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your optimum cluster density on a HiSeq?

Wanted to revisit this topic.

What raw cluster density do you shoot for?

What concentration do you load your denatured templates to achieve this density?

(Also which instrument do you have.) I am thinking High output chemistry, but if you want give your rapid chemistry results, feel free.

By the way, we are seeing TruSeq no-amp DNA libraries cluster at much lower density at a given concentration (qPCR-SYBR green) than we see for other libraries.

For most libraries we do 15 pM and usually end up in the 800-1000 kClusters/mm^2 range. But yesterday we clustered 6 lanes of no-amp libraries. 21-22pM gave us 841-915Kclusters/mm^2.

--
    Phillip

We still aim for the Illumina recommended 850k/mm2, but to be honest if we get a little bit higher then we don't really see any drastic impact on %>Q30 (but that depends a little bit on the library).
    I base all coverage calculations on getting 180m reads PF from a lane. We tend to reach that with a density of ~700k. We've also had lanes with over 1000k/mm2 and the data was pretty good, approaching 220m reads PF with ~90% >Q30.
    To quantify we use a combination of Bioanalyser and Qubit to pool samples. The final pool is rerun on the Bioanalyser and Kapa qPCR'd. We find we still need to tweak running concentration using knowledge of how the library was prepared. RNA-Seq libraries, we run at 12pM. DNA libraries (specifically ones that use a double SPRI size selection) are better at 11pM. I think the right-hand skew we see in RNA-Seq libraries causes us to over estimate molarity.
    We haven't done PCR free libraries yet so I can't comment - no one here has that amount of DNA spare :-)
    I also haven't done enough Rapid Runs to notice any trend, suffice to say we've had really variable cluster densities.
    FTR we have a 2500 upgraded from a 1000 in January of this year.

Comment

Hi Tony,
      Thanks for the info.
      I think we use a very similar procedure to yours for titreing. Athough for us 15 pM seems to give the best result.

(By the way, for anyone still using Illumina phiX libraries to titre their own libraries: BEWARE! The batch to batch variation is high -- not at all uncommon to see them at 7nM instead of the spec. 10nM!)

For rapid runs so far we always just use 12 pM -- and yes, we have seen quite variable results. Although I have the vague sense that the majority of the variance is library-type specific.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses