Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero fpkm estimation using cuffquant/cuffnorm (Cufflinks 2.2.1)

Hi,

I'm running pre-compiled cuffquant/cuffnorm from cufflinks 2.2.1 on two workstations. Both have tophat-2.0.9, samtools-0.1.19 and bowtie2-2.1.0 installed and specified in $PATH.

The cuffquant/cuffnorm pipeline works just fine on the workstation running CentOS 6.4. However, the other one, which runs CentOS 7, has some problem of estimating normalized expression value. Specifically, it outputs 0 value for every transcripts for some RNA-seq sequencing data.

For the data with error, I tried to move the abundances.cxb file generated by cuffquant from the CentOS 7 workstation to the CentOS 6.4 workstation, and then used the cuffnorm on CentOS 6.4 workstation to re-estimate the normalized expression value, but no luck. However, if I tracked back one more step and moved the accepted_hits.bam from CentOS 7 workstation to the CentOS 6.4 workstation, and did the rest cuffquant/cuffnorm steps on the CentOS 6.4 workstation, it will give out reasonable values. It seems to me that the problem comes from the cuffquant step, but I can't figure it out why.

Any one could help?
    Thanks a lot,

Consider upgrading the tuxedo suite programs to latest versions (unless you have some specific reason not to). You are using versions that were current as of Mid-2013 which is old is NGS life-cycle terms.

Comment

It seems that the cuffquant/cuffnorm steps are not included in tuxedo yet.
      The good thing about the cuffquant/cuffnorm is that I can do addtional tests based on the normalized expression values.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses