No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioanalyzer for ChIPed DNA

Dear All,
    I have a question regarding bioanalyzer for ChIPed DNA.
    When I do bioanalyzer for the input DNA, I get peaks at the proper range in bioanalyzer.
    But, for the immunoprecipitated samples, I got no peaks at all or strange peaks. I even do not have the marker peaks!
    I should mention that the concentration of ChIPed DNA was as low as 0.3 ng/µl (measured by Qubit HS kit) and I used 1 µl for bioanalyzer. So, I expected very low signals in bioanalyzer, but literally got nothing.
    These samples were loaded in a same bioanalyzer chip used for some other library prepped samples and they all worked well, which shows that there was no problem in bioanalyzer chip or experiment.
    Can anyone help me how to explain this?
    I am totally confused and cannot figure out what I should do!
    In the attached you can find a gel photo of the sonicated chromatin as well as two bioanalyzer graphs of two different ChIPed samples.

waiting for your replies...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ladder.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	309065

Name:	ChIPed Sample12.png
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	309066

Name:	gel photo after sonication.jpg
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	309067
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zgene; 06-13-2016, 12:21 PM.

It seems that one of the wells was not loaded with marker and the strange peak in other well could be due to contaminants from immunoprecipitation step. I could not figure which Bioanalyser trace is from input DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
      It seems that one of the wells was not loaded with marker and the strange peak in other well could be due to contaminants from immunoprecipitation step. I could not figure which Bioanalyser trace is from input DNA.

Dear nucacidhunter,

Thanks for the reply.
      Marker was loaded in all the wells.
      I did not attach the Input traces there, there was only a gel photo for that.
      The Input traces are now attached here.

Name:	input.png
Views:	2
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	305104
      For the contaimnation, I should say that I used the columns available in the kit (Abcam high sensitivity ChIP kit) which includes 3 washing steps with ethanol after DNA binding to the column.
      Do you think that its better to replace this step with qiagen kit to get less contaminants?

Comment

I would contact kit supplier before trying another column for clean up. It could be result of some inefficiency at steps prior to clean up. Sample showing no trace in BA should be rerun to make sure that it is reproducible.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses