Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say hello (new guy from BGI Shenzhen,China)

Hi all !

My id here is "node" and my name is Gentle Yang ("子江" in Chinese).

I have fallen in Bioinformatics from Aug. 2007 ,and the following is my work title:
    1. IT development: use Java and Python as server side tech, and use DHTML+AJAX(Jquery) , FLEX/Flash ,JavaFX as client side tech.
    2. Data visulization : SVG
    3. Molecular evolution and phylogenetics : Comparative genomics
    4. Short reads assembly under the 2nd and 3rd gen sequencing tech.

And I like this area,although I'm planning do pure IT next year .

Just say hi to everyone. Hope there be a good time.
    Another developer ! Focus on Bioinformatics,Internet,Math :0 with URL yangzt.com and vbio.info

Sorry for forget something about BGI Shenzhen in China.

I saw some guys' talk about BGI in another post,so here is some introduction about it:
    1 BGI is a big Genome center in China ,also in Asia ; and BGI says it is the bigest center in Asia and the third center in the world. (This is not my personal opinion

2 There are both Illumina solexa GA and ABI SoLiD in BGI,and the number is not small (I mean not only one or two,but more) !

3 Knome is a famous company about personal genome service,and BGI is the behind service provider !

4 Now these are so many big or small projects in BGI,and these projects refer to many areas from YH project,cucumber,panda ... and other teamwork projects like 1000 genome ...

5 Welcome to BGI and Shenzhen,China ! This is a good place .

If need, feel free to talk with me using GTalk : nodexy AT gmail.com
    Another developer ! Focus on Bioinformatics,Internet,Math :0 with URL yangzt.com and vbio.info

Comment

hi i come from shenzhen as well

Hi
      my family is living there but i am in Sanger at present. is there any branches of BGI in beijing? i hate to stay in shenzhen any more

Comment

Originally posted by ivy1985732 View Post
        Hi
        my family is living there but i am in Sanger at present. is there any branches of BGI in beijing? i hate to stay in shenzhen any more
        There be a branch of BGI in Beijing ,but now the core part of BGI is in Shenzhen.

BTW,you should know LiHeng in Sanger , yes ?

Comment

yeah

yeah i know him, he is the guy who made MUMmer, i know he came from BGI, but seems long time ago,we used to talk about applying for Phd, but may be he can't remember me. do you know him, earth is quite small right

Comment

Originally posted by ivy1985732 View Post
            yeah i know him, he is the guy who made MUMmer, i know he came from BGI, but seems long time ago,we used to talk about applying for Phd, but may be he can't remember me. do you know him, earth is quite small right
            When I came here (BGI),he had gone ... . But in BGI now,everyone knows LiHeng ,and he also visits our BBS monthly

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses