Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use ChIP-seq input to calculate copy number?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can use the reads from a ChIP input to estimate copy number of a specific locus?
    I'd like to calculate the rDNA and mtDNA copy number, however only have ChIP-seq input reads and not whole genome seq reads...

Any help is highly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jeannine

I don't see how absolute quantification would be possible, given the extreme bias of ChIP reads. Maybe you could get a rough estimate of relative abundance between two members of the same species for a specific locus, if you are able to determine that the variance of normalized peak heights between individuals.

Comment

I'm not talking about ChIP reads but input reads. The only bias in this case would be the cross linking and shearing, and low coverage (2x) as the input sample is normally not sequenced at great depth.

Comment

Depending on exactly how the input reads were made they're likely to show some bias. Even illumina reads in general don't show uniform coverage, which is why CNV detection methods typically use a sample vs. control paradigm. That combined with your low overall coverage will make it near impossible to accurately call CNVs with that dataset.

Comment

Hm, alright.. I actually already tried estimating the copy number using the input data and got funny results. At least I know now that the cells aren't the problem but the dataset!
          Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
          • seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:35 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 02:46 PM
          0 responses