Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping miRNA on miRBase

Hello, all! I have mapped my SOLiD reads on miRBase 19.0 (after trimming adapter, r/tRNA filtration and quality control) and found few animal and virus miRNA families in mine data. It is normal? One of these animal families is very dominant among all.

up this thread

Comment

UP. Any Answer?

Comment

hey slow. let us time to answer.

So what are you type of library ? it's solid reads but did you use a special kit for small RNA ? whicj type of aligner did you use ? explain a little bit more of your workflow please.

Comment

Yes, I used SOLiD Total RNA Seq Kit (small RNA protocol), before I have conducted miRVanna enrichment. I am working with plant species without reference genom, unfortunately

Matching:

1. Preparation reads for analysis: Quality value control (SOLiD double-coded color reads with quality more than 15 were used); trimming of P2-adapter by Cutadapt program; filtration of ribosomal RNA using SILVA database and transfer RNA using Genomic tRNA database.
          2. Bowtie 0.12.5 program. We mapped our 25 bp SOLiD reads on reference sequences from mirBase19.0. We used whole mirBase 19.0 for mapping with the allowance of 2-nt mismatch.
          3. Generation of conservative miRNA list was conducted SAM files analysis script

Comment

Did you try with an another alignment tool ? like blast ? bowtie is good to align small reads against a big reference sequence (like a genome) not small sequences.

And yes it can be normal to find some miRNA from other species. miRNA like mRNA are well conserved across species.

Comment

So, I will try! Many thanks for your help!

Comment

Попробуйте для обработки miRDeep2, хорошая програмка. Ей можно скормить в качестве референсного любой близкий полный геном или даже просто имеющийся набор генов, она проведёт ряд фильтраций хитов по качеству и выдаст те микроРНК, что считает наиболее надёжными.

Try miRDeep2, software for searching miRNA in NGS reads. It can use as reference whole genome or set of genes, filtrate hits by quality and give out a most reliable miRNA.
                Last edited by vtosha; 09-07-2012, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Спасибо, Бласт, имхо, вообще не в тему.

Thank you!

Comment

Если вопрос в том, может ли быть так, что среди растительных микроРНК встречаются животные, то, по-моему, может (http://www.plantcell.org/content/18/12/3355.short). Более свежих примеров навскидку не назову, но, кажется, такие есть.

If your first question was about if animal and viral microRNA was in your plant - it is possible (for example http://www.plantcell.org/content/18/12/3355.short).

Comment

Best! Thank you!

Comment

I made a thread in Russian-language forum (http://molbiol.ru/forums/index.php?s...st=0&p=1348106) about microRNA, may be it will be useful for russian-speaking users.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                        • seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                        0 responses