Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we used exactly same PAL (stopped running) for next new running and it works well. This indicates the PAL is not a problem. it is fluidics.. illumina techsupport said "Miseq should have alert before start running, if there is flow cell problem."

But I don't think, the fluid is delivered from sample load tube by sipper 17 (miseq cartridge in position 17) for flow rate testing. if the fluid tube or sipper has air bubble or dust, the PAL sample won't be able to deliver to the flow cell chamber. It will lead to stop the premature running.

Last edited by d00b; 01-22-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, one other thing to check is whether the flow cell is all snapped together. I had the same issue (unable to focus - probably because there was nothing to focus on), and the flow cell housing was loose. I get kits about 20 at a time, and about 2/3rds of the flowcells in that batch had plastic housings that weren't fully snapped together.

Sometimes these will just throw the pre-check error, but other times it will go through the precheck and then fail at focusing.

Illumina did replace my kit when the run failed; I just check the housing carefully now.

This may have nothing to do with what you're seeing, but it's something to check.

Cheers-
      Deb

Comment

I had a stopped miseq run, 2x300, it stopped at 546 cycle. Run completed with error message: best focus is too near edge to the range.So no fastq files generated. Anyone knows what cause this stopping? The cluster density is 1156k/mm^2,Q30 and pass filter both good. I did the miseq system check, everything passed, I started a rerun, almost same. But I worry it may stop again. Should I worry??
        Last edited by GA-J; 10-27-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

It could be due to overclustering. Look at page 3 for details in the following doc:

http://support.illumina.com/content/...0-2014-038.pdf

Comment

Hi GA-J, Are you sequencing amplicons? - you can attempt to salvage the data by altering the sample sheet to do 300 in read 1 and then~240 for R2 (you do this in MiSeq reporter - http://localhost:8042). And then re-queue the run analysis.It may output the fast files you are after. The quality issues in R2 for 600 cycle kits are well documented - you might want to let Illumina know - your kit may be in the batch that they will replace? good luck....

Comment

Yes,we got replacement kit. My problem is there is no name appear at my Miseq reporter, how can I work it out?
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by GA-J View Post
                Yes,we got replacement kit. My problem is there is no name appear at my Miseq reporter, how can I work it out?
                Thank you!
                Since the run "failed" you may have to process the data using CASAVA/bcl2fastq outside of MiSeq reporter. It also will require using appropriate --use-bases-mask.

You may be able to "trick" MiSeq reporter into displaying the run name by creating a "Run/analysis complete" file in the flowcell folder. Someone more familiar with MiSeq reporter will have to tell you how to do that.

Comment

Thank you very much! I will try to work it out!

Comment

You might want to call Illumina and get some formal help. On the two occasions that we have had a premature run termination (primarily when the run hits the 'end of a amplicon' and the signal falls away to much') then MiSeq reporter always had the run present (as a reagent carriage ID).

I am not sure of the root cause of what you are describing - but it could be amplicon 'cliff edge' effects (that are exacerbated by lower R2 quality?) coupled with a low % PhiX spike in? Hard to guess without more info. Cheers Mike.

Comment

I would like to share some information from the stopped run. Thanks for any words.

Newest update: the rerun passed without error! Quality looks OK.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by GA-J; 10-29-2015, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses