Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioinfo-core conference call on ChIP-Seq

The Bioinfo-core group are a collection of people working for bioinformatics core facilities around the world. The aim of the group is to share experience between members of the group and to provide a forum where the community of core facilities can have a voice.

In addition to a yearly workshop at ISMB the group also arrange a series of conference calls on relevant informatics topics. These are open to anyone who is interested and we encourage as many people as possible to attend.

The next conference call for the group is today at 11AM ET (8AM PT, 5PM CET, 4PM BST). The reason for posting this here is that the major topic for discussion is how best to deal with ChIP Seq data. There should be a range of experience from different core facilities, but we welcome anyone with an interest in this area to come along.

To join the call you can call one of the toll free numbers on this list and use the access code 6430305.

We would encourage anyone who has a general interest in core facilities to join our mailing list where the bulk of the activity of our group happens throughout the year.

Hey Simon,

I'd encourage you to consider consolidating your group here...maybe I'm being a bit oversensitive, but it's not typically polite to recruit for alternate web communities within a given community. If you need a specific forum or other support from this site, let me know. I'm sure the entire worldwide community would benefit from your discussions.

I've subscribed to your mailing list...looking forward to participating in your discussions.

Thanks!

-=Eric

Comment

Me again...to be proactive about this...I just activated a Core Facilities forum in case you would like to bring your discussions here.

Comment

Eric,

Sorry if you thought my post was inappropriate. I'd quite understand if you choose to remove it as an administrator. I hoped I wouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes since there is generally very little overlap between Bioinfo-core and Seqanswers. Generally bioinfo-core is focussed on the running of core facilities, which covers everything from recruitment to charging models and all aspects of informatics (of which sequencing is just one part).

It just so happened that this one conference call involved next gen sequencing - hence my thought that it may interest people here. All of our calls are written up and published on our wiki so I'd be happy to post the summary here afterwards for further discussion.

Simon.

Comment

No worries Simon, as I said it's late here and I may be oversensitive. I've done my best to never remove a post here (spam excluded).

Of course you're welcome to handle things as you see appropriate, I was just thinking that the challenges of a core facility (both wet-bench and bioinformatic) could be extremely informative to the wider community. Many of the questions we get here (particularly data storage, cluster size, pipelines...etc) have been extensively researched and "answered" by many different core facilities around the world. But believe me, I understand that this information could be thought of as a competitive advantage...so many groups would want to keep it confidential.

Please feel free to continue to post anything even remotely related to next gen data...I'm just content that you've identified the site as useful.

sleepily,
          -=eric

Comment

I guess my hope of learning from that mailing list was dashed...

Your request to the bioinfo-core mailing list

Subscription request

has been rejected by the list moderator. The moderator gave the
            following reason for rejecting your request:

"Service accounts not acceptable, named academic or non-commercial
            oriented members only."

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
            at:

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses