SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Old 01-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
clarissaboschi

Default CrossMap analysis

I am trying to convert some genome coordinates of SNPs in one vcf file using the CrossMap program (http://crossmap.sourceforge.net/).

I am having difficulties with the conversion. My vcf file does not have all chromosomes present in the chain file (for example chromosome random, etc), so the conversion is not performed.

Do I need to remove all chromosomes not present in my vcf file from the chain file? (and maybe from the fasta file as well?)

My error message was:
KeyError: "sequence 'chr10_NT_461738v1_random' not present"

This sequence is present only in the chain file, but I am not sure if I should edit the chain file.

Also, Is the chromosome format need to be the same in the 3 files (input, chain and fasta file): Chr1, chr1 or 1?

thanks
clarissaboschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:16 AM   #2
liguow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissaboschi View Post
I am trying to convert some genome coordinates of SNPs in one vcf file using the CrossMap program (http://crossmap.sourceforge.net/).

I am having difficulties with the conversion. My vcf file does not have all chromosomes present in the chain file (for example chromosome random, etc), so the conversion is not performed.

Do I need to remove all chromosomes not present in my vcf file from the chain file? (and maybe from the fasta file as well?)

My error message was:
KeyError: "sequence 'chr10_NT_461738v1_random' not present"

This sequence is present only in the chain file, but I am not sure if I should edit the chain file.

Also, Is the chromosome format need to be the same in the 3 files (input, chain and fasta file): Chr1, chr1 or 1?

thanks
The error message "sequence 'chr10_NT_461738v1_random' not present" was not issued by CrossMap itself, it could be issued by its dependent package like pysam.

My guess is "chr10_NT_461738v1_random" presents in your VCF file, but absent from your reference FASTA file.
liguow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
clarissaboschi

Ok, thanks I will check it. I tried by using bed file format and it worked very well.
clarissaboschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
liguow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissaboschi View Post
Ok, thanks I will check it. I tried by using bed file format and it worked very well.
It further confirms my hypothesis. Pysam tried to retrieve the reference allele from FASTA file, it reported this error message when it failed to find
'chr10_NT_461738v1_random'.
liguow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coordinates, crossmap, genome