SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Literature Watch

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: Digital gene expression for non-model organisms. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-17-2011 03:00 AM
RNA-Seq: ExpressionPlot: A web-based framework for analysis of RNA-Seq and microarray Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-30-2011 04:00 AM
RNA-Seq: RNA-Seq Analysis of Gene Expression and Alternative Splicing by Double-Rando Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-03-2011 03:00 AM
Digital gene expression count from RNA-seq?? ritzriya RNA Sequencing 3 12-09-2010 08:56 PM
Illumina - RNA Seq. - Gene Expression Analysis ytmnd85 Illumina/Solexa 9 08-23-2010 12:35 AM

Old 09-10-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
Newsbot!
RSS Posting Maniac

Default RNA-Seq: DEB: A web interface for RNA-seq digital gene expression analysis.

Syndicated from PubMed RSS Feeds

DEB: A web interface for RNA-seq digital gene expression analysis.

Bioinformation. 2011;7(1):44-5

Authors: Yao JQ, Yu F

Abstract
Digital expression (DE) is an important application of RNA-seq technology to quantify the transcriptome. The number of mapped reads to each transcript or gene varies under different conditions and replicates. Currently, three different statistical algorithms (edgeR, DESeq and bayseq) are available as R packages, to compare the reads to identify significantly expressed transcripts or genes. So far, users have to manually install and run each R package separately. It is also of users' interest to compare the results of different approaches. Here, we present a pipeline DEB which automates all the steps in file preparation, computation and result comparison. AVAILABILITY: The database is available for free at http://www.ijbcb.org/DEB/php/onlinetool.php.

PMID: 21904439 [PubMed - in process]

More...
Newsbot! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
mosalem

I have tried it, no results after >3 days.
mosalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Chrevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosalem View Post
I have tried it, no results after >3 days.
Me too, it takes such a long time or there is no result!
Chrevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
byou678

I am in the same boat. It takes a very long time for relatively large data/file. But using only the first 60 genes of the example/demo data, i get the result after about 3 mins (choose only one algorithm). Could the authors or anybody give us some ideas or solutions? Thanks.
byou678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
allenma

Using there Demo file works. But no luck with my file. Just tries forever and no error message.
allenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Alexandre Cormier

Same problem, demo files work, but impossible to get results with my data. Someone had a DEB answer?
Alexandre Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #7
kopi-o

No, I've tried it several times and it has never worked. Actually just writing an R script that calls edgeR, baySeq and DESeq takes about 10 minutes if you follow the respective vignettes, so I've realized this web interface is rather pointless ...
kopi-o is offline   Reply With Quote