No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• errors running Trinity

Hi,

I am having some difficulty running trinity.

Here is my command:
    Trinity.pl --seqType fq --single $liver_FILE --CPU 4 --run_butterfly --bflyHeapSpace 10G

I am running this on a 1TB RAM machine with openSUSE.

There are a lot of the following errors, I included one line that appears to have worked followed by one of the errors:

RUNNING: java -Xmx10G -jar /apps/packages/bio/trinity/2011-08-20/Butterfly/Butterfly.jar -N 50933983 -L 200 -F 300 -C chrysalis/RawComps.22/comp45253

RUNNING: java -Xmx10G -jar /apps/packages/bio/trinity/2011-08-20/Butterfly/Butterfly.jar -N 50933983 -L 200 -F 300 -C chrysalis/RawComps.15/comp30303
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1
    at TransAssembly_allProbPaths.readAndMapSingleRead(TransAssembly_allProbPaths.java:2911)
    at TransAssembly_allProbPaths.getReadStarts(TransAssembly_allProbPaths.java:2842)
    at TransAssembly_allProbPaths.main(TransAssembly_allProbPaths.java:540)
    ... 5 more
    Error, command: java -Xmx10G -jar /apps/packages/bio/trinity/2011-08-20/Butterfly/Butterfly.jar -N 50933983 -L 200 -F 300 -C chrysalis/RawComps.21/comp42886 died with ret 256FAILED[67879]: java -Xmx10G -jar /apps/packages/bio/trinity/2011-08-20/Butterfly/Butterfly.jar -N 50933983 -L 200 -F 300 -C chrysalis/RawComps.21/comp42886

NE1 have some suggestions? The data consists of 300M reads of Illumina data concatenated into a single fastq file. The read length is somewhat short at 42 bp.

Thanks.
    Bob

Does almost all the Butterfly jobs fail or only a few? If only a few, try to restart them with larger heap space - since you are only running four parallel jobs on a 1TB machine you can allow a lot more than 10 GB/job...

BTW the switch "--run_butterfly" indicates that you are running an old release of Trinity - since the Oct 29 release that switch is obsolete. You might want to try the latest and greatest release...

Comment

Most of the Butterfly jobs fail. I think my sysadmin took the download that sourceforge had as the latest release. Are the newer ones there full releases or ??

I will try both the above, thanks.

For the butterfly jobs that fail, when I look in the fasta file in the job directory, there are not many sequences, less than 10 in several of them.

Comment

java error running trinity

Hi every one,

Im running this line:

r2013-02-25$ Trinity.pl --seqType fq --JM 10G --single ../libraries/noninoculated/M6_N_GCCAAT_L002_R1_001.fastq M8_N_ACTTGA_L002_R1_001.fastq M8_N_ACTTGA_L002_R1_002.fastq --CPU 6

and appears:

Running Java Tests
        CMD: java -Xmx64m -jar /usr/local/bin/util/ExitTester.jar 0
        Error: Unable to access jarfile /usr/local/bin/util/ExitTester.jar
        Error, cmd: java -Xmx64m -jar /usr/local/bin/util/ExitTester.jar 0 died with ret 256 at /usr/local/bin/Trinity.pl line 1476

Error encountered in testing for running of a simple java application. Please check your java configuration.

I read before that this error could be due to to the directory of trinity but I ran again from that directory and the error persists so I dont know if there is someting wrong with the java configuration or not

thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses