Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone tried the downstream DNA sample preparation Kit after SMARTer kit. Since the output of SMARTer kit is about some 10 ng, I am looking for the DNA prep kit for the downstream work. The one SMARTer kit recommonded need to have 1 ug sample requirement. Any more suitable DNA prep kit for the purpose??

Comment

There are couple publications on the SMARTer Ultra Low RNA kit so far. The NBT paper also covered data and protocols using Nextera instead of PE protocol following the cDNA synthesis.

Comment

Originally posted by calcijw View Post
        There are couple publications on the SMARTer Ultra Low RNA kit so far. The NBT paper also covered data and protocols using Nextera instead of PE protocol following the cDNA synthesis.

http://www.nature.com/nbt/index.html
        Thanks for the response; I will check these papers.

Comment

check this...SMARTer technology

Comment

Hello I'm currently designing my experiment. I'm really a newbie so I apologise in advance for any nonsense. This threat has been really useful thanks.

I will check the papers but for a quick answer: does anyone know if you can barcode your libraries with the smarter kits, or in the library prep stage? which library prep kit will be suitable to use? in the illumina page it is suggested the Paired-End DNA Sample Prep Kit but I believe that barcoding of libraries can only be done with the TruSeq RNA Sample Prep Kit. Am I right?

Which strategies would you suggest? Thanks.

Comment

You can use Multiplexing Sample Preparation Oligonucleotide Kit from Illumina for indexing your samples.

Comment

The indexes can be added in the library preparation steps, not in SMARTer kit process.

And the PE DNA prep kit doesn't include indexed adaptors, but "pure" adaptors, the indexed ones need to be extra purchased... However, TruSeq DNA/RNA Kits includes indexed adaptors...

Firstly, by using SMARTer kit, you need to concern about the DNA output after SMARTer kit and find the compatiable library prep kit...

Comment

Low Input RNA-seq

Hello all,

Newbie here trying to move forward with an RNA-seq project. Thank you for your patience.

I have samples containing ~50ng of total RNA for RNA-seq. I am considering the SMARTER and OVATION technologies and have several questions regarding the workflow:

1) When (and how) should I remove rRNA?
                  2) Do both kits support downstream barcoding for multiplexing?
                  3) Would it be possible to instead use Whole Genome Amplification followed by KAPA kit?

I very much appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
                  Ben

Comment

T7 (Eberwine) RNA amplification is commonly used to amplify mRNA for analysis by microarrays, but I have not seen anyone use it to amplify RNA for RNA-Seq analysis. Is there any reason it wouldn't work?

Comment

The Eberwine method gives 3' biased libraries.

We routinely make RNA-Seq libraries from 1 ng of total RNA using the NuGen V2 RNA-Seq kits.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses