Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not perform Fragmentation for my 1st FFPE sample. Now I am thinking I may need do to do that to narrow the insert size ...

Comment

Originally posted by HedleyC View Post
      Jakob, I have been involved in a piece of work trying to do the same thing - but we just got massive adapter contamination in the final data. What size range was your FFPE RNA peak after RiboZero GOLD but before the ScriptSeq? Ours was between 25-500bp approximately, peak generally around 100.

Regards,
      Hedley
      RNA size range as yours - but with a sligthly higher peak ~200 nt. How do you purify the library after amplification? Using MiniElute will give you some "primer-dimer" contamination. We are using AMPure XP but you may need to play around with the bead ratio to get rid of the "primer-dimer" without removing too much of the library. Have you considered gel purification?
      /Jakob

Comment

Originally posted by JakobHedegaard View Post
        RNA size range as yours - but with a sligthly higher peak ~200 nt. How do you purify the library after amplification? Using MiniElute will give you some "primer-dimer" contamination. We are using AMPure XP but you may need to play around with the bead ratio to get rid of the "primer-dimer" without removing too much of the library. Have you considered gel purification?
        /Jakob
        Hi Jakob,
        The ScriptSeq and later steps were performed by a 3rd party. They used AMPure XP, but it's unclear if they used the right bead ratio to minimise carry-through of the adapter dimers (I suspect not). We are doing some repeat work and also looking at another FFPE kit, so if I find out anything useful, will post it here at some point.
        /Hedley

Comment

Dear all,

If you use RiboZero, will non-polyA RNAs dominate the RNA-Seq library? My friend told me that non-polyA RNAs are highly abundant. Will RiboZero end up dilute the polyA RNAs, which should be more important most of the time?

Bests,
          Woody

Comment

@ServiceXS, we obtained enough (>500 ng total RNA) purifiying from 2-3 sections from a FPFE block. For Ribo-Zero we started with 500 ng total RNA but have prepared libraries with 100 ng RNA - but with more variation in quality and yield.
            @woodydon, using Ribo-Zero will result in a much more complex library than using poly-dA selected RNA. Depending on the sample conditions (tissue, stage, etc.) some transcripts can dominate the profile - and this applies to both poly-dA and Ribo-Zero treated RNA. Analysing data from Ribo-Zero treated RNA, I think the major challenge is the profiling of both mature and pre-spliced transcripts which introduce some kind of bias.
            Cheers, /Jakob

Comment

@ServiceXS, we obtained enough (>500 ng total RNA) purifiying from 2-3 sections from a FPFE block. For Ribo-Zero we started with 500 ng total RNA but have prepared libraries with 100 ng RNA - but with more variation in quality and yield.
              @woodydon, using Ribo-Zero will result in a much more complex library than using poly-dA selected RNA. Depending on the sample conditions (tissue, stage, etc.) some transcripts can dominate the profile - and this applies to both poly-dA and Ribo-Zero treated RNA. Analysing data from Ribo-Zero treated RNA, I think the major challenge is the profiling of both mature and pre-spliced transcripts which introduce some kind of bias.
              Cheers, /Jakob

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses