Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tophat pair end reads

I just finished mapping my ABI pair end colorspace reads with tophat. The reads were 50bp F3 and 25bp F5.

When I tried to convert the .bam file into .sam for Cufflinks assembly using Picard Tools, I got this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: SAM validation error: ERROR: Record 127338, Read name 507_970_1560_F3, Mate Alignment start (542169) must be <= reference sequence length (531507) on reference Contig1

It looks like a read is being "mapped" outside of the reference contig?

Bowtie has --fr, --rf, --ff options when aligning pair-end reads. Does tophat take into account that SOLiD mate pairs are both in forward direction? so the --ff would be used.
    Last edited by damiankao; 10-28-2010, 01:21 AM.

Originally posted by damiankao View Post
    I just finished mapping my ABI pair end colorspace reads with tophat. The reads were 50bp F3 and 25bp F5.

When I tried to convert the .bam file into .sam for Cufflinks assembly using Picard Tools, I got this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: SAM validation error: ERROR: Record 127338, Read name 507_970_1560_F3, Mate Alignment start (542169) must be <= reference sequence length (531507) on reference Contig1

Bowtie has --fr, --rf, --ff options when aligning pair-end reads. Does tophat take into account that SOLiD mate pairs are both in forward direction? so the --ff would be used.

TopHat maps left and right reads separately using Bowtie, that is, it doesn't use Bowtie's pair searching like --fr, --rf, --ff. Using the mapped reads, TopHat finds pairs if the two reads of a pair are on different strand (it ignores if they are on the same strand) and the inner distance is within user specified range.

Comment

TopHat mapping outside reference contig

Originally posted by damiankao View Post

I also received this error
      Mate Alignment start must be <= reference sequence length on reference
      when trying to run picard to convert to BAM
      was this ever resolved?
      thanks,

Comment

TopHat

I was wondering why the inner distance is important in TopHat how it is related to alignment? Any one tried using variable inner distance (-r/--mate-inner-dist <int> ) and check what may be the effect on alignments, if any.

Comment

I have aligned the reads using tophat version 2, but the error message remain. Why there possible exist the possition longer than the real length, in spite of the seperate alignment of tophat.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses