No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vcf file filtering looking for polimorphisms

Hi everyone:

I recently got my mpileup-bcftools results looking for SNV's on a ~200 sample population. It happens that there is no reference genome for this species, so I used a taxonomic close-related one for the reads mapping. The thing is that, in my vcf file, there are a lot of variants that were called just because of the diferences between my samples and the reference, but there is no difference between any of my samples. All the genotypes are called as the same in a lot of loci. So I need to filter my vcf file then, by the presence of polimorphisms between my samples. Is there a tool to manage this?

thanks!!

You got your 200 samples so that you could look at variation among these samples, not variation of these samples to a close reference, correct?

You need to try a denovo assembly of one of your samples, get decent contigs, and do analysis on that.

Comment

Thanks Adrian,

So... there's no way to do what I wanted to do? Because it's not possible to try a denovo assembly; the proyect i'm working for does not include that methodology so I have to try to do it anyway.

=/

Any other idea?

thanks again!

Comment

I'll try to use vcf-compare:

but I will have to generate a .vcf file for every one of my samples

I'll let you know what happens

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses