|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Academic position in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology in Oncology in Belgium||kareldegendt||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||03-08-2013 08:25 AM|
|Postdoc Position in Bioinformatics||botinstuzh||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||12-21-2011 12:12 AM|
|Faculty position in Bioinformatics||sdorsey||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||1||05-29-2010 08:21 AM|
|Postdoc position in bioinformatics||Viola||Academic/Non-Profit Jobs||0||12-13-2009 10:39 AM|
|08-26-2013, 07:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2013
Bioinformatics Investigator Position in Oncology R&D
Link to GlaxoSmithKline job posting:
or copy/paste "https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_gsk/external1931/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=214689&localeCode=en-us"
• Ph.D. with specialization in bioinformatics, genomics, epigenetics, cancer biology, translational medicine, molecular diagnostics, or a closely related field.
• 3+ years experience in bioinformatics and the application of bioinformatics in cancer research or development of cancer medicines.
• Demonstrated expertise in more than one of the following areas: germline and/or somatic cancer genetics (SNP arrays, exome-seq, WGS), epigenetics data analysis (ChIP-seq, DNA methylation), genome copy number analysis, transcriptomics analysis (RNA-Seq, oligo-arrays), proteomics, cell line and animal models of cancer, signal transduction, clinical assay development, etc.
• Experience in developing NGS data processing and analysis pipelines. Experience with multi-platform genomics data integration.
• Proficient in Unix and Windows, scripting languages (R, Perl, Python, etc.), bioinformatics tools and databases. Proficient in basic statistics concepts and methods.
• Experience of working with wet lab scientists. Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a matrix environment. Interested in pursue personalized medicine and targeted cancer therapeutics.
Last edited by OncoGenomics; 08-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.