SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can I identify homologous genes between these two datasets? aprice67 Bioinformatics 4 08-31-2015 02:03 PM
How to identify the Up and down Regulated genes from Cuff diff output sridhar28 Bioinformatics 2 01-17-2014 02:09 AM
how to identify differentially expressed genes from cuffdiff output? IBseq Bioinformatics 3 08-07-2013 09:06 AM
How do you identify the specific start and stop locations of mitochondrial genes gwilymh General 1 03-10-2012 06:26 PM

Old 02-17-2017, 01:37 AM   #1
koushik

Arrow how do you identify genes from a genome?

I am doing by project on genome comparison on entomopathogenic fungi. I have compared the genomes of Beauveria bassiana and Metarhizium anisopliae species on VISTA tool. But how can i identify different genes like protein coding genes,Rrna genes and T-rna genes from the genome?
koushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
GenoMax

Do you already have gene models in hand or just the genome sequence? If you have the putative gene models then similarity searching would be the next step.

If you only have genome sequence then you would first use one of these gene prediction software tools followed by similarity searching.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioinformactics, gene identification, genome, genome comparison