No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make best guest of protein class from protein sequence

Hi,

I am not quit sure what the best way is to predict the name of protein class (e.g. Oxidoreductases) from protein sequence. Just Blast to the whole PDB and read some attributes of the result? Or very efficient way in biopython or other bioinformatics platform?

If you doing this for a small number of sequences then that would be acceptable. How many are you looking at analyzing?

You can download the NCBI CDD database and do the searches locally if you have a large number of sequences: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/mmdb/cdd/

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      If you doing this for a small number of sequences then that would be acceptable. How many are you looking at analyzing?

You can download the NCBI CDD database and do the searches locally if you have a large number of sequences: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/mmdb/cdd/
      Thanks GenoMax,

Yes, CD-Search can help. I have thousands of sequence to search, so I want the process to be highly automatic. Could I ask an extented question? How could you find all related term for that protein after you search CDD database.

Comment

Originally posted by ajing View Post
        Thanks GenoMax,

Yes, CD-Search can help. I have thousands of sequence to search, so I want the process to be highly automatic. Could I ask an extented question? How could you find all related term for that protein after you search CDD database.
        Consider blasting against the m5nr database. They should update it very soon..
        savetherhino.org

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses