Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid exome

has anyone used the newest rapid exome capture kits from Ilumina. Our first run generated huge amounts of library pre-caprute and again in teh final PCR. I'm worried about over-amplifying and adding in too many PCR artefacts.

The QC run has just gone on MiSeq but if anyone has experience I'd be interested in comparing notes?

Nope. I think its coverage is still not as good as Nimblegen v3. For me, if Nimblegen v4 also has miRNA genes, it will be perfect

Comment

Hi ymc,

I believe the Nimblegen v3 does contain miRNA. At least, the annotation on their web site (http://www.nimblegen.com/products/se.../v3/index.html) includes the following among the v3 targets:
      - miRNAs from miRBase (version 16)
      - miRNAs from snoRNABase (version 3)

Cheers,

--BB

Comment

Originally posted by buckybadger View Post
        Hi ymc,

I believe the Nimblegen v3 does contain miRNA. At least, the annotation on their web site (http://www.nimblegen.com/products/se.../v3/index.html) includes the following among the v3 targets:
        - miRNAs from miRBase (version 16)
        - miRNAs from snoRNABase (version 3)

Cheers,

--BB
        It might contain miRNA but the two I am interested in (RMRP, KCNQ1OT1) are not there.

Comment

Nimblegen has something called "exome plus" where they add custom probes to their exome probes, for just that situation. Another option (probably lower cost) is to get biotinylated probes for just those two miRNA from IDT, and spike them into the exome probes yourself. It works, and I believe IDT does the probe design and can provide guidance on the amounts to mix in.
          - BB

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses