Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tools for visulization of GO term's relationships?

hi
    there are several GO terms generated by GO enrichment analysis on my hand, according to the p-value of each GO term ,we can easily infer which GO are most signifcantly enriched among whole term list . now i wanna have a look at relationships between those GO terms .
    any tool or method recommended?

BLAST2GO can create GO pathway maps via its pipeline. Im sure it could do the same with your data providing correct format of input spreadsheet.

Comment

yep, I know this, i used to employ blast2go to annotation my sequences ,it was a little time comsuming. anyway i will try it again .
      thanks for your kind reply.

Comment

I have used once GOrilla, you may want to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by fengqi View Post
          I have used once GOrilla, you may want to try it.

http://cbl-gorilla.cs.technion.ac.il/
          thanks !
          this seems a useful tool for me, but there is still a problem.GOrilla can do GO enrichment analysis with a list of genes we supplied and we can set our own genelist as backgound data, this seems good. I read the paper and found that it employs HGT as analysis method,what if i do analysis by other way? suppose i just want to visulize GO terms generated by myself, dose it works?
          Last edited by zinky; 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

GOrilla links to REVIGO which I think will do what you are looking for:

Comment

thank you all, i think i got what i want exactly!!!

Comment

Hey! How did you get your list of GO terms and p-values? I run blast2go, but I only got a list of GO terms, lacking the e-values… Thanks in advance!

Comment

as i know, the blast2go output dose not contains P value of each GO term. the Pvalue mentioned above is calculated by extra test such as Fisher's exact test or hypergeometric test . you may write a script to do this .

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses