No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi,

I'm Pranav and I'm from India. I'm doing my Masters in Bio-Informatics at the Copenhagen University in Denmark.

I'm currently working on a pipeline that uses BWA aligner to align an ancient genome (from a 4000 year old guy cited in this nature article) to hg18 and then look for variations and try to identify as best as possible, what these variations mean. It also has fancy graphs in R, neat for my non-biological background. I used to think I'm decent with computers until Linux and R got to me. I enjoy programming in Python though.

Apart from all this, I kinda like music. Here is my last.fm profile if any of you are on it. I also enjoy travelling and motor-bikes are my second nature. I also play SC2 under the pseudonyms MossadPriest or Joker!sAce, I'm ranked in Euro top 300 and Scandinavia top 100, if any of you play SC2, we could team up.

I'll be here now and then looking for help and trying to answer questions.

Regards,
    Pranav.
    Last edited by Joker!sAce; 02-28-2011, 07:34 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses