No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak calling tools ChIP-seq

Dear all,

What are the most widely used peak calling tools for ChIP-seq data at the moment?

Thanks,
    Eunice

MACS or Homer. Homer has a few peak calling modes that control the type and size of peaks it finds. MACS is more of a straight ahead peak caller that just looks for peaks of any width. at least that's how I think of the two.
    /* Shawn Driscoll, Gene Expression Laboratory, Pfaff
    Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA */

Comment

Hi all,
      And what about MeDIP-seq (not ChIP-seq)? I guess the answer would be the same, but what parameters keep/change?
      I'm working on a Illumina IP library (50 bp SE) made after inmunoprecipitate genomic DNA fragments with antibodies which detect methylated bases. I've seen one paper using MACS with these kind of data, thought no specify any parameters used. Right now, I don't have control/input.
      Eg. after using MACS, it says no paired peaks were found so I should go with the --nomodel option, but I'm guessing about --shiftsize since there is no TF I'm looking for (just nucleotide methylation); would it be important that --shiftsize number?
      One more thing I'd like to ask is, not having control/input I've heard I should use the --nolambda option. Actually that's from this ppt tutorial:
      Macs course - Download as a PDF or view online for free

Any thought/inputs would be appreciated. Thanks
      Last edited by cascoamarillo; 01-14-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to analyze data for factor which does not behave typically as transcription factor. I used macs and homer for peak calling. macs2 is giving me hardly 20-30 peaks while Homer is giving about 20000 peaks. macs2 is not picking up peaks which i can easily visualize in IGV. How can i be sure which peak caller to use and how can I filter peaks from Homer data (based on what criteria)

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses