Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this question too and I just checked their adapters and primers to figure out the answer. My conclusion is that their design is correct:

For ChIP-exo, you typically perform single-end sequencing, not paired-end sequencing. The Illumina R1 sequencing primer anneals to the P5 site, which does contain the extra T that is normally used for A-overhang ligation. The P7 site indeed misses a T compared to regular libraries, but this is not an issue as long as you don't intend to perform PE sequencing.

I just wonder why they decided to perform blunt-end ligations... I would expect ligations with an A-overhang to be more efficient. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Embunnik View Post
      I had this question too and I just checked their adapters and primers to figure out the answer. My conclusion is that their design is correct:

For ChIP-exo, you typically perform single-end sequencing, not paired-end sequencing. The Illumina R1 sequencing primer anneals to the P5 site, which does contain the extra T that is normally used for A-overhang ligation. The P7 site indeed misses a T compared to regular libraries, but this is not an issue as long as you don't intend to perform PE sequencing.

I just wonder why they decided to perform blunt-end ligations... I would expect ligations with an A-overhang to be more efficient. Does anyone have any experience with this?
      Yeah, I should have said that as it's P7, it's only an issue for PE. However, more and more of our ChIP-Seq is PE now, simply because they go on runs shared with exome samples. Seems a bit weird to remove the option for PE for the sake of one base.

The protocol I mapped out used a dA-tail, but I suppose because you exonuclease treat, this would chew up any dimer. The main reason you dA-tail and ligate is to reduce possibility of dimer, so blunt end ligation possibly isn't so much of an issue.

Comment

HI albireo,

The package CexoR is also available from Bioconductor for ChIP-exo peak calling (http://www.bioconductor.org/packages...tml/CexoR.html)

Pedro M

Originally posted by albireo View Post
        Hi, yes that is what I meant. I have performed a number of FRiP analyses (similarly to what done in the 2012 ENCODE Genome Research ChIP-seq methods paper) with very disappointing results in one case (~4-5% FRiP). This data is decent in other respects (high correlation of replicates, consensus motif present in 70% of the peaks).

I have not tested this specific peak caller, but have some experience with other methods, including Genetrack (the original peak caller used in the Pugh publication), Macs 2.0, Apex, Peakzilla and GEM, with wildly varying results. I should also add that my data is Illumina-based and was processed directly by Peconic.
        Pedro Madrigal

Comment

FYI: Active Motif has recently released a ChIP-exo kit which contains all reagents necessary to go from DNA fragmentation, through the ChIP-exo reaction, and finishes with the generation of a library.

Comment

Indeed, they did a very nice webinar about this new product: http://epigenie.com/webinar-precisio...sing-chip-exo/

I'm surprised they're using blunt-end ligations.

Comment

Originally posted by cptzantar View Post
              FYI: Active Motif has recently released a ChIP-exo kit which contains all reagents necessary to go from DNA fragmentation, through the ChIP-exo reaction, and finishes with the generation of a library.
              I'm using it, though for a DNA-modification, not a regular ChIP against some DNA-bound protein. Does anyone know the sequences of Active Motif's ridiculously priced indexing primers? Their tech support said they were "slightly modified from Illumina's" and proprietary. In other words, "We will now charge you $45 for $0.45 worth of stuff."

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
              0 responses