No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPP and Rsamtools Not Playing Nicely

Hello all,

I'm trying to analyze my ChIP-seq dataset using SPP but I keep getting the following error when I try to load my BAM files:

"Rsamtools Bioconductor package is now required for BAM file support. Please install"

The issue is that I have Rsamtools installed via biocLite. I can load it with no errors, and I see it in my RPackages folder. Has anyone run into a similar issue and know of a solution? I'm sure it's just a configuration problem somewhere on my end...

Best,

Bob

I'll answer my own question. When I dove into the source code a bit I found the following statement:

if (!is.element("fastcluster", installed.packages()[, 1])) {
    stop("Rsamtools Bioconductor package is now required for BAM file support. Please install")

I installed fastcluster (not included in the Rsamtools installation) and now it runs. Just a poorly worded warning.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to document the answer! Should help someone searching for this error down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz710 View Post
        I'll answer my own question. When I dove into the source code a bit I found the following statement:

if (!is.element("fastcluster", installed.packages()[, 1])) {
        stop("Rsamtools Bioconductor package is now required for BAM file support. Please install")

I installed fastcluster (not included in the Rsamtools installation) and now it runs. Just a poorly worded warning.
        Thank you jazz710 for sharing. I am a rookie for R coding and data analysis. I have a really naive question: How to import my RNA-Seq alignment files into R?

My workflow: I upload my raw RNA-Seq data to the Basespace website, and used the Tophat application. After alignment, it provides the alignment files (.bam). I download it to my local Mac but I don't know how to import them to R studio with Rsamtools or other functions.

Could you kindly tell me, please? Thank you very much.

Comment

For my data this is the header for my code:

# Load the libraries into R
          library(spp)
          library(Rsamtools)

# ONLY NEED THIS IF YOU WANT TO RUN ANALYSES ON MULTIPLE PROCESSORS (10 in this case)
          library(snow)
          cluster <- makeCluster(10)

data <- read.bam.tags(XYZ.bam)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          That worked for me! Note, to read in BAM files there a handful of prerequisite programs you need as well.

Here's a tutorial link I followed:
          Last edited by jazz710; 03-14-2016, 08:11 AM. Reason: Added tutorial link

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses