Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am already in the directory where I stored all the files and then exceuted fasq-dump..is it right?

Comment

Originally posted by dena.dinesh View Post
      I am already in the directory where I stored all the files and then exceuted fasq-dump..is it right?
      I know it does not make sense to provide the full path, but that seems to work in many cases. Like the example I tried from your dataset above (even though I was in the directory where the file was located).
      Last edited by GenoMax; 11-06-2014, 05:28 AM.

Comment

We have also experienced these problems, and as a result always use a relative path to the file if we are in the directory already:

Code:
        $ fastq-dump ./SRR1266967.sra

Comment

I tried giving relative path. then also the same error..how can i rectify it.
          Last edited by dena.dinesh; 11-06-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Dear Kruger,

Did it ran well for you? When I ran fastq-dump ./SRR1266967.sra, it failed immeditely where as for other files it ran for 3 seconds and throwed this error.
            Last edited by dena.dinesh; 11-06-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I just tested it, and it actually works well with or without prepending './'. I am using fastq-dump version 2.3.5 by the way.

Comment

I used sra-toolkit v.2.3.2.

Comment

Hi

I am using fastqdump 2.1.7. I downloaded the sratoolkit.2.4.2-ubuntu64 and later installed it suing sudo agt-get command. Inside the bin folder of sratoolkit.2.4.2 I am able find following version fastq-dump version:

fastq-dump.2.4.2; fastq-dump; fastq-dump.2

But I am not able to run the fastq-dump.2.4.2. Not only this file but also all other files of version 2.4.2 were higlighted in green color and I am not able to run those highlighted in green color.

Please guide me.

Comment

This is why you don't need to re-invent sftp and gzip.

Just ... don't ... do it.

Comment

Hi

I am using fastqdump 2.1.7. I downloaded the sratoolkit.2.4.2-ubuntu64 and later installed it suing sudo agt-get command. Inside the bin folder of sratoolkit.2.4.2 I am able find following version fastq-dump version:

fastq-dump.2.4.2; fastq-dump; fastq-dump.2

But I am not able to run the fastq-dump.2.4.2. Not only this file but also all other files of version 2.4.2 were higlighted in green color and I am not able to run those highlighted in green color.

Please guide me.
                      Do the following to make that fastq-dump executable in the bin folder of sratoolkit-2.4.2:

Code:
                      $ chmod u+x fastq-dump*
                      Hopefully this is the only version on your machine now. Just to be safe provide the full path to this new file when you try to run it and see if it works.

Comment

When I ran fastq-dump ./SRR1266967.sra, it failed immeditely
                        For curiosity I have also tried SRR1266967.sra and I could convert to fastq successfully. But notably, download of the the SRA file (about 430 Mb) was very slow and took about 30 minutes. Maybe you have downloaded the SRA file only partially?

Code:
                        wget ftp://ftp-trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra/sra-instant/reads/ByRun/sra/SRR/SRR126/SRR1266967/SRR1266967.sra
                        md5sum SRR1266967.sra
                          01c653175917848a60ad01f700793a49  SRR1266967.sra
                        fastq-dump -F SRR1266967.sra
                        grep ^@ SRR1266967.fastq | wc
                          16557954 16557954 521453404
                        As expected I got 16557954 reads.

Comment

I had a similar error message. The problem in my case was that the temporary download directory was full. I resolved it by changing the download directory using vdb-config -i.

From: http://trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces..._doc&f=std#s-3

The default location for the "download repository" is:

Linux: /home/[user_name]/ncbi/public
                          Mac OS X: /Users/[user_name]/ncbi/public
                          Windows: C:\Users\[user_name]\ncbi\public

Here's hoping for some more helpful error messages in the next release!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses