No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumina Sequencing Primer questions

Dear HiSeqers

Can anyone confirm the sequence of the SE v3 sequencing primer. Best I can find is 5' ACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT 3', but unsure if that is for V2 or V3 sequencing kits...or if it even has changed.

Scott

Originally posted by stighe View Post
    Dear HiSeqers

Can anyone confirm the sequence of the SE v3 sequencing primer. Best I can find is 5' ACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT 3', but unsure if that is for V2 or V3 sequencing kits...or if it even has changed.

Scott
    Yep, that's it. It matches the Universal (non-indexed) adapter which is the same across TruSeq DNA & RNA kits v1, v2 & LT (formerly known as v3).

Comment

Hello,
      I have a related query. I am set out to do an amplicon sequencing on miseq. Going through the library architectures (Illumina TruSeq DNA Adapters De-Mystified Illumina - all flavors) and adapter sequences (Illumina Customer Sequence Letter (August 12, 2014)), I have designed a strategy involving 3 simple PCR steps which skips all of recommended-kit-based-library preparation. Please have a look.

where,
      P5: part of adapter that attaches to flowcell 29 nt :AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACAC
      P7: part of adapter that attaches to flowcell 24 nt :CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGAT
      Read 1 : sequencing primer 33nt :ACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT
      Read 2: sequencing primer 33nt :GTGACTGGAGTTCAGACGTGTGCTCTTCCGATC
      i5 :barcode 8nt
      i7 : barcode 8nt

PCR1: For primer:ACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT<template for 10bp>
      PCR1: Rev primer:GTGACTGGAGTTCAGACGTGTGCTCTTCCGATC<template rev 10bp>
      PCR2: For primer:GATCTACAC<i5 8nt>ACACTCTTT
      PCR2: Rev primer:ATACGAGAT<i7 8nt>GTGACTGGA
      PCR3: For primer:P5
      PCR3: Rev primer:P7

For plexing 48 samples I would require only 24 (2+12(i5) +8(i7) +2) primers, a standard high fidelity pol and gel purification. I am very skeptical about mainly because of posts mentioning that illumina adapters are methylated so custom primers dont work and also the fact that if the process was so simple, the expensive kits may not be existing!
      If anybody has any idea whether this kind of tinkering works or not, please let me know. As a test I will be doping a single such library next week. I would let know the result. Thanks.
      Last edited by rohan_dandage; 01-11-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Rohan,
        How did your experiment go? DO you have comments on this that may help in the design. I am following a similar approach with two PCRs.
        Best,
        Carolina

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses