Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEX Second Strand Buffer

This is the second strand buffer provided by the Illumina kit.

Does anyone have a recipe for it?

Many thanks,

John

Neb

Hey John,
    the Illumina second strand synthesis is not so different from the NEB one. There the buffer is composed of 10mM Tris-HCL (pH 7.5), 50 mM KCl, 1 mM DTT, 0.1 mM EDTA and 50% glycerol.
    However, I would guess that Illumina also puts some E. coli DNA Ligase already in the buffer. If you want to use that buffer I would add 6.000 units/ml DNA Polymerase I, 5.000 units/ml RNase H and 25.000 units/ml E.coli DNA ligase to the mix.
    Good luck,
    Ben

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Ben...

I've been using a similar recipe with pretty good:

500mM Tris-HCL (pH 7.8)
      50mM MgCl2
      10mM DTT

I'd like to try yours out though. I'll let you know if there are any major differences.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Hey John,
        the buffer described previously is only the solution the enzymes are kept in. Here is the reaction buffer you put them in together with your single strand cDNA. Sorry about that,
        Ben

1X NEBNext Second Strand Synthesis Reaction Buffer:
        20 mM Tris-HCl
        12 mM (NH4)2SO4
        5 mM MgCl2
        0.16 mM β-NAD
        0.19 mM dNTPs each
        pH 7.4 @ 25°C

Comment

Hey all,

sorry for digging this thread but I have a related question:
          I want to perform a second strand synthesis of my cDNA. Originally, I planned to use the Invitrogen Superscript System but it is too expensive for my project budget. So I ordered reagents separately and wanted to use the NEB Buffer. The only difference I could spot is that NEB doesnt use KCl (final concentration in Superscript System is 90mM). NEB states that their System is suitable for 10-100ng of template. Invitrogen states that templates up to several ug are possible. So my questions are: what is the role of KCl in the Buffer and is there any connection between it's application and the template restriction?

Thank you for any help here!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses