Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid tools to use for Detecting SV/CNV in Whole Exome Data

I am working on whole exome data. i have 7 samples but no matching normal sample. i am to detect SV/CNV variant for these samples.
    The sequencing platform is Illumina and i have BAM files ready for variant calling.
    Are the tools PINDEL , BREAKSEQ and CNVnator Appropriate for Whole Exome Sequencing data without matching normal sample? i have tried ready the tool publication but they only refer to NGS data, not Exome Data Compatibility in Specific. If possible are any other tools available for WES Data without matching Normal!
    NEED HELP!!!!!!!

If you have paired-end data, you can use BreakDancer without normal sample, but it is produce more false positives.

Comment

The DNASTAR Genomics Suite provides an assembler than can align multiple exomes on a desktop computer and produce BAM file output. The output BAM files can be analyzed in ArrayStar for variants, including CNV and do not require a "Normal" control. There are free 30-day demo you can request from their website.

Comment

Look here: http://www.biostars.org/p/13807/

Breakdancer and Pindel will not really work because most breakpoints are not captured by exome capture sequencing. You will need an approach based on coverage and/or heterozygous SNP allele frequencies.
        Last edited by m_two; 02-11-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses