No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripture -windows argument

Hi,

I am new to next-gen sequencing, so this might be a very obvious question. But still..

I am trying to use Scripture for my work. But I am not able to figure out how the -windows argument for scripture needs to be specified. The documentation on the website calls it an optional argument and doesn't give much details about it.. But the version of scripture available for download requires it as mandatory argument.

I want to do transcript calling over the entire Chromosome and not just a window of it. So I was looking to do something like 1- 2992546. But Scripture throws an error for it. I ve also tried alternatives like 1:2992546 or 1,2992546 with no luck. Can someone tell me how I should be doing this?

Also, on a slightly unrelated note what exactly is a maskfile and how can I make one?

thanks

To anyone coming across this thread because they can't figure out how to set Scripture's -windows flag (Which is listed as optional in the documentation, but seems mandatory when running scripture.jar):

This problem can also be solved by using the latest beta-2 build, which is available from http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...re/?q=download

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Fournier View Post
      To anyone coming across this thread because they can't figure out how to set Scripture's -windows flag (Which is listed as optional in the documentation, but seems mandatory when running scripture.jar):

This problem can also be solved by using the latest beta-2 build, which is available from http://www.broadinstitute.org/softwa...re/?q=download
      Thank you, this was very helpful.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses