Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive spam from multiple accounts based out of Korea

There have been nearly a 1000 posts from multiple user accounts across sub-forums that are all in Korean and are definitely spam.

Does the community not have a verification procedure for new accounts or a post limit per hour in place? Mods need to ban these spammer accounts and work on further safeguards!
    Ram

Whew...we definitely got hit by some botnet mostly in Korea that has been able to post quickly and overcome the human verification management we have.

I'm definitely improving it...thanks for your patience.

-=Eric

Comment

Originally posted by RamakrishnanRS View Post
      There have been nearly a 1000 posts from multiple user accounts across sub-forums that are all in Korean and are definitely spam.

Does the community not have a verification procedure for new accounts or a post limit per hour in place? Mods need to ban these spammer accounts and work on further safeguards!
      Wow, I complete agree with you Ramakrishnan!
      Would you by any chance be able to travel to Korea and try to track down this spammer? Perhaps he can be reasoned with!

--
      Phillip

Comment

Eric,
        Would it be possible to block posts that contain Korean characters? Or maybe more than a threshhold number of Korean characters -- to avoid blocking people with Korean email addresses from posting in English.
        --
        Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
          Eric,
          Would it be possible to block posts that contain Korean characters? Or maybe more than a threshhold number of Korean characters -- to avoid blocking people with Korean email addresses from posting in English.
          --
          Phillip
          Will be nice to block all posts not written in English. I've been irritated by non-English threads especially job postings despite the fact that google translate works very well nowadays. This kind of "private conversation" will leave other members feeling disengaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa View Post
            Will be nice to block all posts not written in English. I've been irritated by non-English threads especially job postings despite the fact that google translate works very well nowadays. This kind of "private conversation" will leave other members feeling disengaged.
            If there are frequent discussions going on in Korean here, then I retract my recommendation.

Personally I don't have any problem with people using whatever language they want to post here.

--
            Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses