Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news.
    From my (very brief) test it works fine.

Comment

Another cross-platform command-line alternative is my bsclient software:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsfetch/

It was written prior to the existence of BaseMount when I wanted an interactive tool for headless server downloads, a niche which BaseMount also fills. One advantage is that not all users will have mount permissions on the server they're using - a requirement for BaseMount but not for bsclient.

Comment

basemount is weird.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experience with mounting their BaseSpace account and regularly using it (reading, copying from it, etc). I was just trying to change the permissions of the directory where I mounted it and I can't.... even though I am the server's admin.

Comment

I have yet to figure out how to mount basemount so it's writable but am not sure if that's related to the server that I'm mounting on rather than basemount itself. The server I"m using uses fusermount which seems to do very strange things to basemount (ie. to unmount basemount, I have to chmod my entire home directory to 775 not just the folder containing the mountpoint).
          Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

Following is logical speculation.

It is possible that Illumina provides "read-only" mounts of your basespace account (to prevent inadvertent mistakes).

Comment

That makes sense to me and is a good idea but I thought that basemount was supposed to enable uploading projects as well as downloading (i.e. if you don't want to use standard demultiplexing).

My biggest issue with the permissions problem (again, not sure if it was basemount or fusemount) was that I couldn't unmount which meant that I couldn't get new data
              Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

Originally posted by thermophile View Post
                I have yet to figure out how to mount basemount so it's writable but am not sure if that's related to the server that I'm mounting on rather than basemount itself. The server I"m using uses fusermount which seems to do very strange things to basemount (ie. to unmount basemount, I have to chmod my entire home directory to 775 not just the folder containing the mountpoint).
                Yes... I guess we would have to take a look at the code to figure out wth with the permissions. I did something lazy which is just an importer that hard links to the files and changes permissions in the destination directory then the fastq files can be used automatically in my pipeline.

ps. Thanks a million for replying! I'm kinda new here, it's nice to receive the email saying someone interacted with you

Comment

Still have absolutely no idea how to do this.

Comment

There is an OSX downloader but it wasn't Snow Leopard compatible which left out my slightly older Mac Pro. At that point I looked at the python thing but decided it looked too complicated and it was easier to find a different machine. get-mobdro.com tubemate
                    Last edited by krankins; 07-27-2020, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I actually made a markdown tutorial of how to download basespace files through your terminal. Should work on LINUX.
                      Let me know if it works! : https://github.com/samd1993/bioinfor...20Basespace.md

Comment

Originally posted by samd View Post
                        I actually made a markdown tutorial of how to download basespace files through your terminal. Should work on LINUX.
                        Let me know if it works! : https://github.com/samd1993/bioinfor...20Basespace.md
                        Thanks! 10 caharacters

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses