Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLOC as gene ID?

I saw this old thread and thought would like to bring this alive again.

I am having similar issues. The GTF file I used was from Ensembl where gene IDs are Ensembl IDs. The cuffdiff output file replaced the Ensembl IDs with XLOC_'s although it also output gene names (e.g. BCL2). Ensembl IDs were no longer there.

Is there anyway to convert XLOC back to Ensemble IDs, or simply keep the ensembl IDs from my GTF file? how do you guys go about this? I try to think what was the authors' intention to replace useful IDs with XLOC's?

Interesting enough, if I don't run new gene discovery (i.e. without doing cuffmerge step), I got to keep Ensembl IDs.

thoughts?

Application of sequencing to RNA analysis (RNA-Seq, whole transcriptome, SAGE, expression analysis, novel organism mining, splice variants)

I have same question . I want the Ensembl ID from Cufflinks output however I only get the XLOC ID.
    The only way I could do is go back to GTF file and parse the Ensembl ID. But it costs time. Any one has a quicker/smarter idea?

Originally posted by JQL View Post
    I saw this old thread and thought would like to bring this alive again.

I am having similar issues. The GTF file I used was from Ensembl where gene IDs are Ensembl IDs. The cuffdiff output file replaced the Ensembl IDs with XLOC_'s although it also output gene names (e.g. BCL2). Ensembl IDs were no longer there.

Is there anyway to convert XLOC back to Ensemble IDs, or simply keep the ensembl IDs from my GTF file? how do you guys go about this? I try to think what was the authors' intention to replace useful IDs with XLOC's?

Interesting enough, if I don't run new gene discovery (i.e. without doing cuffmerge step), I got to keep Ensembl IDs.

thoughts?

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...7813#post87813

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      Yesterday, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses