Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello SEQanswers! hmmngs Introductions 0 09-21-2011 06:26 AM
Hello SEQanswers! stevebaeyen Introductions 0 08-19-2011 04:10 AM
Hello SeqAnswers kweitemier Introductions 0 12-20-2010 03:07 PM
Thank you SEQanswers jiaco Introductions 0 05-17-2010 06:01 AM
Welcome to SEQanswers.com! ECO Site Announcements 0 10-28-2007 03:59 PM

Old 06-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
avilella

Default Synergy between seqanswers.com and biostar.stackexchange.com?

Hi,

I am an avid user of both seqanswers.com and biostar.stackexchange.com and I would like to suggest that both sites benefit from the content it's being created in both sites. There are many ways of doing this, here is my personal suggestion:

1) Content from biostar.stackexchange.com is inserted into a "biostar" section of seqanswers.com after it's been inactive for a while (1 month?). If one then does a search in seqanswers.com, one will benefit from seeing content from biostar.stackexchange.com. The content could have a link to biostar to easily redirect the user to it if so desired.

2) Content from seqanswers.com is inserted as "seqanswers" tagged into biostar.stackexchange.com once it's been inactive for a while. If one then does a search in biostar.stackexchange.com, one will benefit from seeing content from seqanswers.com. Since biostar has an autocomplete feature for suggested existing questions after typing the question, the question could also redirect to the seqanswers.com URL if so desired.

I am really looking forward to be able to easily query the content of both sites, I am sure there must be a technical option that pleases everybody.

Last edited by avilella; 06-17-2011 at 12:30 AM.
avilella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content biostar