No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to use Blast2go

Hello,

Could anyone show me what I'm doing wrong: I import the blast results in xml. After that I go to Tools -> database configuration, and use a local database. The problem occurs when I start mapping, this process start well but after some time the program lock. This is relationated with the program's memory?

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

Might be RAM issue, Blast2go uses a lot of memory.
    For our node with 96 Gb RAM, we still have to split the blast xml results and then run Blast2Go.

Try spliting the xml input and then run.

--
    pg

Comment

Open the java file in a text edit program. At the bottom it should say something like
      "<j2se version="1.5+" initial-heap-size="64m" max-heap-size="2048M"/>"

Delete " max-heap-size="2048M" " and save the file.

This removes any cap on memory allocation and hopefully will work

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

I was using less RAM and also was using an earlier java version.

So, I updated the java and increase the maximum JVM Heap Size (-Xmx).

Comment

hi everyone

How can I separate annotated sequences from no annotated, and then use to run blast against nr database

Comment

Hi Monika.
            Just use the "Select by Colour" function in Blast2GO to select sequences by their analysis status.
            If you want to select all non-blue sequences just choose all the non-blue colours and than remove the existing blast results of the selected sequences to redo the blast against the NR database.

Tip: Please note that In any way, Blast2GO, by default, only blasts sequences which are not yet blasted (white, red or lila) so no need to select them specifically. Of course, if you want to redo the blast for some sequences you will have to select them and remove the blast results first.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses