SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reducing contamination in 16s PCR for metagenomic library prer roshanbernard Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 04-15-2015 07:05 AM
Library Preparation Available CarlHSLee Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 01-16-2013 11:25 AM
Reducing the amount of DNA going into a TruSeq library Preparation? mchotalia Illumina/Solexa 22 04-12-2012 07:00 AM
Library preparation Renatospl Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 09-19-2011 01:50 PM

Old 07-26-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
F.Lazaro

Default Reducing costs in library preparation

Hello all,

I have read in other posts that is feasible to reduce volumes for library preparation when using the Nextera XT kit. Do you know if its also posible to reduce the volumes by a half when using other kits (e.g. Nebnext Ultra, TruSeq Nano...)
F.Lazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 AM   #2
nucacidhunter

With TreSeq and Nebnext and maybe others as well it is Ok. The downside could be reduced library diversity but that is only important if a library is going to be sequenced deeply (more than 200M reads).
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:23 AM   #3
Arthur45

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone had experience with miniaturisation of NEB Ultra II Prep kit? Has anyone successfully sequenced whole genome with half the volumes of reagents?

Cheers,

arthur
Arthur45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #4
Simone78

Hi,
thatīs something we are thinking as well. I donīt see any reasons why it shouldnīt work. I mean, the 50 ul reactions recommended in these Illumina kits are ridiculously expensive! Thatīs why they want you to do it, so you will buy more kits.
As said above, the Nextera reaction has been shown to work as good when performed in few hundreds nanoliter compared to the standard 20 ul recommended by Illumina. This applies to any reaction I have done so far (RT, PCR, tagmentation, etc).
In general, just make sure to decrease the input accordingly if you cut the volumes. I hope this helps!
Simone78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
costs