SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to align reads to multiple index in bowtie2 ssharma Bioinformatics 3 07-16-2013 03:13 AM
finding common genomic regions from multiple (>2) BED files a_mt Bioinformatics 4 01-31-2013 03:00 PM
Co-culture data to align to multiple genomes C9r1y Bioinformatics 1 01-29-2013 02:43 PM
Reads that can align to multiple places ashwatha Bioinformatics 2 09-21-2011 07:21 PM

Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 AM   #1
liaoyunshi

Default How to align multiple genomic regions simultaneously

Many thanks for reading my question.

Recently, I want to align multiple sequences from different genomic regions with the whole genome sequences for subsequent phylogenetic study, but I found none of my known tools can fulfill my requirement. Can any fellows give me some suggestion. Thanks a lot.

For example, let's say that the whole genome consists of 3 regions, A,B,C. I have some complete genome sequences, and some sequences of A regions, some sequences of B regions, also some sequences of C regions. I want to get alignment on all those 4 kinds of sequences simultaneously, in one alignment operation (I do not want to align A,B,C to the whole genome sequences separately). And I have used many multiple alignment tools but found none can do this. So I wonder if anyone can help me solve this question.

Thanks!
liaoyunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:28 AM   #2
GenoMax

Cross-posted: https://www.biostars.org/p/266504/
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, phylogenetics