SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UMI in Smart-seq2 protocol PrimerBuffalo Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 05-11-2017 04:10 PM
Smart-seq2 sample prep questions PrimerBuffalo Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-20-2017 11:26 AM
Smart-seq2 lowest input? kobeho24 RNA Sequencing 1 06-04-2015 08:19 AM
SMART-seq2 and Nextera XT DNA sample preparation kit wacguy Sample Prep / Library Generation 9 02-09-2015 02:00 AM

Old 08-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
candida utilis

Default DNase treatment for SMART Seq2

I notice that DNase I treatment is not included in the SMART Seq2 protocol. May I know how efficient Oligo-dT30VN will bind to mRNA only? Is there any possibility that Oligo-dT30VN can also amplify DNA from genomic DNA, if there is no DNase I treatment?

Thanks
candida utilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
cmbetts

There's a couple reasons not to worry about it, but the primary ones are:
1) The denaturation temperature before RT isn't high enough to melt high MW gDNA
2) Even if gDNA was primed, the template switching mechanism requires the RT to hit a 5' end and neither the RT nor the PCR polymerase are anywhere processive enough to worry about capturing whole chromosomes.
cmbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
jteeee2

If you're really interested DNase treating, we have had good success incorporating this product into the front end of several RNA Seq protocols (including SmartSeq). http://arcticzymes.com/technology/kits/heat-and-run/

We have seen that significant DNA contamination can affect the quality of the SmartSeq library, so I think it's definitely worth considering.
jteeee2 is offline   Reply With Quote