SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
ECO
--Site Admin--

Default Swing by and introduce yourself!

As the community continues to grow and more of you post, I think it would be great to have a place for new people (which is basically everyone!) to stop in and introduce themselves.

Thus the Introductions forum is born. We don't need your life story, but it would be great to hear where you're from, what you're working on, what platforms you like/dislike, or whatever!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
tesa

Hi, I'm pretty new here. I work in Vancouver, BC mostly doing the experimental part of Illumina/Solexa libraries. I am also slowly learning the process of analyzing short reads--mostly for my own info--not to actually do it as there are computational biologists here in Vancouver that do it faster and better than I probably could.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
olus

Hi everibody.
My name is Gabriel, I'm a biologist and bioinformatician. I'm currently working in the core facility of a Molecular Oncology research campus in Milan (italy).
We are using Illumina Genome Analyzer II mainly for ChIP-Seq, but we've already done a resequencing and some RNA-seq are approaching ;-)

Last edited by olus; 07-08-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
MaloneJH

Greetings!

I'm a postdoc at NIH working with Solexa data. Excited to be riding a tidal wave of sequence data and so happy that this forum is available!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
weiweideng

Hello everybody,

I am a postdoc in Australia, I am doing ChIP-seq. Hope to help each other.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
koakeson

Hello all!
I just signed up today. I am a graduate student at The University of Utah. I am working on de novo sequencing of obligate intracellular bacterial symbionts. We just purchased an Illumina GAII and I am here to learn what I can about how to use the machine.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #7
AnamikaDarwin

Hi,

I am a Computational Biologist in Cambridge, MA. I am mostly involved in Data Analysis and mapping variants. I am just getting into sequencing.

Cheers,
Anamika
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Darwin

Oy!

Developmental biologist working at UC Berkeley. Interested in RNA-seq as a tool for understanding (alternative) splicing during vertebrate embryogenesis. I have very little experience with bioinformatics and high through put sequencing but look forward to learn from all of you guys.

Darwin
Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #9
brjordan

Hello to all,

I am a semi-retired academic with a strong molecular biology background and current activities both in academia (organisation of consortia and core facilities), industry (consulting for several companies) and writing (10 published books on various aspects of genetics). My specific scientific field in recent years has been microarray technology, which has led me to be very interested in next-gen sequencing. Currently one of the organisations I'm involved with has obtained funding for a next-gen system and is oscillating between Illumina and SOLiD. Any update on that thread ("Testing SOLiD vs Illumina) would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Bertrand
13288 Marseille, FRANCE
Old 01-06-2009, 04:47 AM   #10
jyli

Happy New Year to you all!

I am new to this field, while I was working with Sanger's platform in the past. I am learning and hope to learn from you all.

Thanks for the initiative for getting this forum set up,
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #11
eLa

Hi, I'm Ela from Germany and have just started working with the Solexa sequences for bioinfomatical transcript analysis.

I am a very beginner in this field and I think, I will have some - silly - questions to finish my thesis right now with right answers

Greetings
eLa
Old 01-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
amit491

hello everyone,
myself amit from india. I've just started looking into sequence alignment (basically short tags). I plan to analyze RNA seq data frm the Solexa platform. Wish to get answers to basic queries on alignment issues. (and advanced too, if i reach that far.. :-p)
cheers
Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #13
care

Hello everyone
I am new here, my name is care,a graduate student from China.I am working with ABI SOLiD for the transcriptome research. Glad to meet you all here. I hope help others and get help.

Best wishes!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #14
vasantika

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD student from heidelberg, germany. I will be working on the informatics side of Solexa sequencing projects and am here to learn and exchange support!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #15
leknif

Default Hello from Israel!

Hi everyone,
I'm a graduate student in the field of microbial ecology, preparing to do a metagenomics project using the FLX system.

I stumbled on this forum by a fortunate accident.
Cheers!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
pyrodigm

Just wanted to say say hello. Ex-physicist now working in bioinformatics and spending lots of time these days looking at next-generation sequencing data. More about me and what I do at: http://www.pyrodigm.com

pyrodigm
Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
Min Park

Default Hi to all

Hi the Community,

I am new to this community and am ready to do my Illumina sequencing project. Very excited. M
Old 05-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #18
Emanuel Heitlinger

Hi,

I am a PhD student sequencing the transcriptome of a parasitic nematode using 454. Later on I will be doing digital transcriptomics (gene expression) using solexa.

Cheers,
Emanuel
Old 05-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
Nicolas

Hi Folks,
First message here. I am a postdoc in Computational Biology. My tasks in the lab involve the analysis of a large number of sequencing libraries (~100 for the moment) , both Solexa and SOLiD.
Thanks to everybody involved in the Seqanswers effort, it's a great tool for the community.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
Terry V

Default Collecting sequence centres in Europe

Hi folks,

Apparently some things run in parallel here. My name is Terry, I am based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and on behalf of a consortium called gEUvadis I am trying to get an overview of sequencing capacity in Europe. I saw the google maps-plugin, which is really nice! Could we try and update it, with contacts and everything included?

BTW, I am a genetics Ph.D. student, working on copy number variation in psychiatric disorders.
Closed Thread