SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 AM   #21
vani s kulkarni

hello everyone,
I am vani from Netherlands. I've just started working with solexa short read sequence for identification of SNPs and I will do further data analysis.....And glad to meet you all here. I hope help others and get help.

Best wishes!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
lry198010

Hi every body, I'm a Ph.D student from China and majoy in Bioinformatics new, I was very interested in Comparative genomics, and take Brassica species as my study model.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:31 AM   #23
mathilde

Smile Differential expression

Hi all,

I am from South Africa, working on differential gene expression in abalone. We sequenced with Illumina an I am trying some of the analyses in CLC genomics at the moment. Anyone else with comments on the statisical analysis tools in CLC, please share, as well as any relevant literature.

Thanks,

Mathilde
Old 06-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #24
TimSawbridge

Default G'day

Hello All,
I am working in Melbourne. we have been using 454 GS20 FLX and now Titanium for WGS of bacteria and fungi, and for metagenomics. We are about to do some Illumina work.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
ebhobbs

Hi all,
I work at Geospiza on their Genesifter Lab Edition (formally Finch Lab) LIMS software for both Sanger and NextGen labs, and recently I've been getting more into the analysis side of things. As a developer I don't get to go out to the labs and see how people are actually using the software, so it's nice to hear what people are doing and what problems they've run into. I look forward to talking with you all.

Cheers,
Eric Hobbs
Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #26
PUGenomeLab

Default Introduction

Hello,
I'm a researcher working in West Lafayette, IN. We are using the Illumina/Solexa platform to perform comparative mammalian genomics. Our lab is a molecular bio lab as well as a bioinformatics lab.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #27
barbera

Hi,

I work at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I work for the Bioinformatics group and started working with nextgen sequencing end 2007 (454). I work together with the central sequencing facility and different labs of the AMC. The sequencing facility has a Roche and a Solid machine. The first Solid data will come soon. A wide range of experiments have run on the Roche machine. SNP analysis, meta genomics, variant detection+expression and whole genome sequencing for instance. I work together with researchers from several labs to address the questions that can not be solved with current software packages. Happy to meet you here.

Cheers,
Barbera
Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #28
krobison

Hello! I'm specifically interested in cancer genomics (I work at a oncology drug developer) -- & sometimes ponder next-gen topics on my blog, Omics! Omics! since I find pretty much all of it fascinating.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #29
rranauro

Based near Boston I lead an interdisciplinary team of computational biologists, computer scientists and web developers creating a scalable platform for managing and mining sequence data.

I am a trained computer scientist and have spent 25 years in commercial software businesses, the last 10 years dedicated to the life science domain.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #30
apepper

Howdy from Texas A&M University!

My name is Alan and I am a faculty member/biologist. We have a couple GAIIs and working on a 454. I have learned a great deal already from this forum!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #31
jiangli

Hello everybody !
i am a scientist working at UC san francisco. My projects involve solexa sequencing of genes on mental development disorders. i am glad to join the community and hope to help each other.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #32
andrea_maso

Hi, I am Andrea and I work in Rome (Italy) in the Microarrays Laboratory of Children's Hospital Bambino Gesł. We are involved in several mRNA and microRNA profiling experiments and we are beginning to analyze the first NGS data with open-source software/tools.
Data are coming from service providers, but we are planning in a near future to buy also the analyzer.

We are beginners but we learn rapidly!! ...with your help of course.
Kind regards.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #33
canis

Default Hi there

Greetings, this is Veer from India, I am working on Variation, miRNa and ChIP-Seq analysis using mostly Solexa short reads. Looking forward to some interesting discussions on NGS
Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #34
xgm-1999

hello everyone,
I am GM from China. I've just started working with Roche 454 shortgun sequence for identification of SNPs. I hope help others and get help.

Cheers,
GM
Old 07-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #35
atul

hi all.

am atul from india working working as a Bioinformatics analyst in OcimumBiosolutions,
am looking for NGS data analysis basically de novo seq. assembly .

regards.
Atul
Old 08-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #36
epistatic

Greetings,

I did a post doc working on microarray development for recently sequenced non-model species and selective coding sequence capture methods for microarray hybridization and next-gen transcriptome sequencing. Then I worked in a couple of CT biotech companies on a selective sequence capture/exon enrichment method and on a new semiconductor based next-gen DNA sequencing method.

Cheers!

TAC

Last edited by epistatic; 09-01-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #37
HiroMishima

Smile Introduction from Japan

Hi all,

I am Hiro Mishima, and a research fellow at Department of Human Genetics, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan. I am working on a project of resequencing/sequence-capturing of human genome using Illumina/SOLEXA and Roche/454 systems. I am also working on scripting in the Ruby language for data processing.

I am happy if I can give and find ideas and hints about next-gen sequencing technologies.

Thanks,
Hiro
Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #38
chen

Hi,
I'm chen, from shenzhen,China. Now I am mostly working the experimental part of the solexa libraries. I am glad to join the community and hope we can help each other.

Besh wishes!
chen
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #39
Arjen

Hi, I am Arjen, working in Nijmegen (the Netherlands). Primary interest is to find ways to introduce NGS in diagnostics, especially oncogenetics. We have a SOLiD and a 454.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #40
dmead

Default Hello SEQers

Hi, I work at Lucigen developing library construction technologies for sequencing (Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 74:4164-4174 [2008]). Will be attending the Next Gen Seq meeting in RI next week if anyone wants to meet.
Cheers,
David Mead
Closed Thread