SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #41
node

Talking "node" from BGI Shenzhen,China

Hi,

This is node from BGI Shenzhen,China.

And my work refers to:
IT development in Bioinformatics ;
Data visualization;
Comparative genomics;
Short reads assembly using solexa reads and next-gen sequencing tech's reads.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #42
naveen_geneflux

Default Hi

Hi everyone..

My name is Naveen, I finished my post graduation in Bio-informatics.
I am very new to sequencing.. eager to learn more about it
Old 09-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #43
spadejac

Default Hi

Hi guys,

I work in the academia. My area of focus is analysis of short reads of SBS sequencing using Illumina GAI-II. I am experienced with the old-generation MPSS & 454. Most of my job is bioinformatics application development for understanding expression data. Good to be here.

Spade
Old 10-02-2009, 05:55 AM   #44
marrykonta

Default Re:Swing by and introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone,

Well,I stop here to say big Hello to each and every member of this community.My name is Marry from California want to share my ideas and knowledge with others.I am happy if some one from this community want to communicate with me on general issues.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #45
Greg

Gotta say I'm pretty excited to have such a great resource available, I have already found some very useful stuff on here. I'm a new grad student at the University of British Columbia which is in Vancouver Canada. I'm going to be using some Illumina data to do some awesome science... I hope.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 AM   #46
Apratim

Default Greetings to members

Hi, I just joined the University of Exeter and planning to do RNASeq work on rice-blast fungus (Magnaporthe). The technique and analysis are quite new to me; so please excuse my basic questions.
Cheers.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #47
bacdirector

Default hello all

bioinformatics core director here with some questions, looking for advice

we have recently acquired the GS-FLX and the SoLiD. We are constructing a pricing model. Simple question: would you expect the cost of analysis (say, alignment and annotation) to scale linearly within a project; i.e., will a project that requires two chips cost twice as much to perform data analysis for as a project that requires one chip). Assuming one sample per chip.

We have created regulatory compliant cost structures for genomics and proteomics. But only starting with the first project on SoLId, and, of course we are getting request for cost estimates for data analysis for grant proposals and for funded projects.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #48
GeeSharpMinor

Hi everyone, I'm from SBRI in Seattle and I'm doing RNAseq work with malaria.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #49
Ckuchly

Hi everyone!

I'm from Montpellier in South of France.

My work refers to:
Development in Bioinformatics ;
Comparative genomics;
Short reads assembly using solexa reads and next-gen sequencing tech's reads.

Bye !
Old 10-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #50
16S_Tim

Default Freshmen

Hey users of the next generation

I am Tim, a doctoral student in Marburg. My intention of using 454 sequencing is to investigate gut microbiota with the help of 16S rRNA genes. I am struggling with the data handling because in every publication it is done differently. Hence, I hope to find answers to my open questions in this community.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #51
DerSeb

Greetings,

I'm Sebastian from Berlin and will (hopefully) do some whole transcriptome analysis in the near future.

Best,
Seb
Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #52
wangleibio

Hi everibody.
My name is wanglei, I'm a biologist. I'm currently working in the institute of plant biology in fudan university(china).We are using ABI SOLID 3 mainly for resequencing.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #53
pasivica

Hi, I am Sarah. I am based in South Africa. I am preparing for my PhD studies that will involve a great deal of genome sequencing and analysis using bioinformatic tools. I am currently assembling Illumina/SOLEXA generated ESTs reads with an aim of identifying SNP's.

I joined this forum to exchange ideas on the bioinformatics analysis and to network as well
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #54
deequan

ok.

This is David writing from maryland, us. Just taking a graduate class on hts, ngs, sgs, tgs, or whatever label you want to slap on it. Fascinating stuff. I am a graduate student working in a biochemical engineering lab and am specifically interested in cool experiments using new sequencing technologies as they relate to exploring the various omes in bacteria. There are no hts resources on my campus, but possibly in labs nearby.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #55
foxrose

Default Hi everyone

Hi,

I'm graduate student of Yale. I'm very glad to find this.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #56
Nienke W

Hi, my name is Nienke, I am working in Nijmegen (The Netherlands) as a bioinformatician. I am developing inhouse programs to analyse sequencing data. We have 2 sequencers in our department, 1 454 FLX Titanium and 1 Solid machine.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:25 AM   #57
Cambridge454

Hi everyone,

My name is Shilo and I work in the Sequencing Facility at the University of Cambridge. We got our 454 in April 2008 and it sure was a big adjustment after many, many years of Sanger sequencing. We've had a few ups and downs and it would have been great if I'd discovered this site sooner!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #58
g1516

Hey everyone,

I've just started my PhD in London, will be working on re-sequencing projects and RNA-seq using Solexa to investigate variation and its effects in bacteria. Previously I worked in the sequencing unit at the Sanger Institute, Camb. This site has helped me out a few times already!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #59
bmcjc

Hi

I'm from Taiwan, This is realy a great place to find answers for my questions, although my questions are not asked yet. Thanks you all!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #60
aguffanti

Default Hello from Milano

Hello everybody, I am Alessandro from Genomnia, Milano, Italy. I used to work on 454 data analysis and I am now involved with SOLiD. I hope we will have an useful exchange of ideas !
Closed Thread