SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Demultiplexing dual-indexed MiSeq fastq files lynchde Bioinformatics 2 08-18-2013 02:15 PM
Mixing different types of indexes on the same MiSeq run ?? memento Illumina/Solexa 7 08-07-2013 09:03 AM
Can You mix indexed with un-indexed library on MiSeq run ? memento Illumina/Solexa 2 01-22-2013 11:00 AM
Mixing dual and single index TruSeq samples in a single MiSeq run pmiguel Illumina/Solexa 1 12-21-2012 05:21 AM
MiSeq Amplicon: grouping indexed FASTQs by cluster JackieBadger Bioinformatics 0 06-20-2012 02:55 PM

Old 11-22-2014, 01:33 AM   #1
MARIAC

Default Mixing indexed and no-indexed lib in a same MISEQ run

Hi, It is possible to run on a single Miseq RUN (v2, 2x150bp) libraries with illumina index (up to 16 index on I5) and libraries without index (I'll could retreived the latest in the undeterminated file).

If it's possible is there a ratio between these two kind of libraries I have to follow ?

Thanks for anwsers,

CÚdric
MARIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
SNPsaurus
Registered Vendor

My lab sometimes runs, on a HiSeq, multiple different libraries of which some are indexed and others not. Problems can occur if the number of indexed clusters is low within the lane. One issue is that clusters that lack an index will get called as having the index of a nearby index. The index quality suffers as well. I'd try to get the index library up to 50% of clusters, but 30% will work somewhat well depending on cluster density.

MiSeqs may be different, but I thought I would chime in anyway!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
cmbetts

It certainly can be done, as long as you either have a clear way to filter for the non-indexed library or are willing to tolerate contamination of your indexed libraries in the non-indexed one.
I generally expect >99.5 of my indexed reads to get properly assigned, which means you can expect ~100k unassigned reads to leak over. It depends if this is a deal breaker for your experiment or not.
cmbetts is offline   Reply With Quote